Congress takes up the issue of antibiotic resistance with H.R. 1840: Reinvigorating Antibiotic and Diagnostic Innovation (READI).
Thirty-one states and Washington DC have signed legislation to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
There are many tools to evaluate disease activity in psoriatic arthritis, but there is no consensus on which one to use.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, gives insight into dealing with patients' demands for opioids.
Jonathan Krant, MD, FACP, confronts the issues surrounding biosimilar substitution for biologic treatments.
Some legal cases have upheld that a physician-patient relationship exists even when the patient has not been physically examined by the physician.
The American College of Rheumatology's head of government affairs dissects the AHCA proposal and explains what it means for rheumatologists and their patients.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
AA amyloidosis is a rare but significant complication of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and may lead to proteinuria and renal dysfunction.
Since certain syndromes are associated with good prognosis in a majority of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus, prompt diagnosis and initiation of early goal-directed treatment is crucial.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- Dealing With The Demand For Opioids: A Clinician's Guide
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Doctors Need to Be Mindful of Personal Posts on Social Media
- Should DXA-Assessed Visceral, Central Adiposity Be Included In ASCVD Risk Assessment Algorithms?
- Total Knee Replacement for Osteoarthritis: Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
- DXA Not Useful for Workup of Vertebral Compression Deformities With Normal BMD
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores