A patient with a history of uncontrolled gout presents with highly refractile, crystal-like macular lesions.
Many physicians avoid asking patients about sensitive topics such substance abuse or sexual activity during routine medical histories.
Over the past few decades, physician suicide has become a staggering public health crisis that has largely been ignored.
Advances in the management of systemic lupus erythematosus have improved quality of life and outcomes for women who are considering pregnancy.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
The utility and effectiveness of wearable fitness devices are discussed in a clinician's opinion piece.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 52-year-old man presents to the emergency department with dizziness and fatigue after a syncopal episode on a camping trip.
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods