Over the past few decades, physician suicide has become a staggering public health crisis that has largely been ignored.
Advances in the management of systemic lupus erythematosus have improved quality of life and outcomes for women who are considering pregnancy.
The realization that IL-6 is implicated in many pathologic features of RA has prompted the search for IL-6-blocking agents as therapeutic options for this condition.
As a result of better management of rheumatoid arthritis, individuals with the condition are living longer. However, it is unknown if this represents different forms of the disease or a continuum of rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed at different stages.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
The utility and effectiveness of wearable fitness devices are discussed in a clinician's opinion piece.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
AA amyloidosis is a rare but significant complication of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and may lead to proteinuria and renal dysfunction.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Large Vessel Vasculitis Imaging: Recommendations for Clinical Practice
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- Imaging Changes Examined in Tocilizumab-Treated Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Scleroderma and Breast Cancer: Examining Outcomes of Radiation Therapy
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Treating Violence as a Contagious Health Problem
- Factors of Plasma Ropivacaine Concentrations After Local Infiltration Analgesia in TKA
- Anti-CCP Positivity Associated With Increased Risk of Major Fracture in RA
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides