The EULAR definition of arthralgia suspicious for progression to RA can be used as one guideline to help identify those patients at risk for developing RA.
Current guidelines define remission as the absence of clinical and laboratory evidence of significant inflammatory disease, but the tools that are currently available are inadequate to assess clinical remission.
Petros Efthimiou, MD, a rheumatologist at NYU Langone Health, discusses how clinicians should approach prescribing potentially teratogenic drugs in pregnancy.
Infodemiology can estimate the health-related demands and behaviors of systemic lupus erythematosus.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
The utility and effectiveness of wearable fitness devices are discussed in a clinician's opinion piece.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 52-year-old man presents to the emergency department with dizziness and fatigue after a syncopal episode on a camping trip.
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Painful Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis: Glucosamine Supplements vs Ibuprofen
- Pooled Baricitinib Trial Data Reveal Lipid Profile Changes in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- TNF Inhibitor Response in Women vs Men With Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Incidence of Multiple Psychiatric Disorders Evaluated in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- US Healthcare Spending Twice as Much as Other High-Income Countries
- Arthritis Treatments: NSAIDs
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Flares Increase During, Shortly After Pregnancy
- Pregnancy in Rheumatic Disease: Managing Potentially Teratogenic Medications
- Arthritis Treatments: DMARDS and Other Immune Modulators
- Total Costs Attributable to Biologic DMARDs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Adherence to Anti-TNF Blocker Recommendations in axSpA Linked to Improved Quality of Life
- Capsule Endoscopy Superior to Colonoscopy for Detection of Crohn Disease in Spondyloarthritis
- Methotrexate May Decrease Risk for Ischemic Stroke in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Polyarthritis Patient Outcomes Compared From 1994 to 2004
- Clinician Roundtable: Preventing the Progression From Arthralgia to Arthritic Disease