Megan Clowse, MD, MPH, discusses 2 studies that examine reproductive health concerns in women with inflammatory rheumatic diseases.
Bisphosphonates did not show to be beneficial for patients with knee osteoarthritis.
Caffeine intake among women older than 50 may have a small association with a decrease in BMD, and may increase risk of hip fractures.
Allan Gibofsky, MD, discusses inhibition of the Wnt pathway and its potential benefits for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
The utility and effectiveness of wearable fitness devices are discussed in a clinician's opinion piece.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
AA amyloidosis is a rare but significant complication of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and may lead to proteinuria and renal dysfunction.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014