Clinical improvements during treatment with TNF-α inhibitors was comparable between men and women with ankylosing spondylitis.
Treatment with secukinumab 150 mg provides significant, clinically meaningful, and sustained improvement in health-related quality of life among patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
The genetic risk score may have lower costs than current testing methods.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis had greater entheseal insertion damage scores compared with patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
No clear evidence links the risk for hospitalized infection and the use of DMARDs or anti-TNF agents in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
The risk for primary total knee arthroplasty is elevated in young and middle-aged adults with ankylosing spondylitis.
Assessment of Simultaneous Occurrence of Ankylosing Spondylitis and Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal HyperostosisAugust 22, 2018
Researchers explored the co-occurrence of ankylosing spondylitis and diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis.
Effective suppression of inflammation with tumor necrosis factor inhibitor therapy decreases radiographic progression in early ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers observed increased rates of both knee and hip arthroplasties in older patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Reduced cardiorespiratory fitness may be associated with increased risk for CVD in ankylosing spondylitis.
Treatment with risankizumab was not effective in reducing the signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis at 12 weeks.
Data strengthen the indication for performing a thorough CVD risk assessment in patients with inflammatory disorders.
Fatigue had a significant and independent effect on work disability measures in rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
Axial Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis: Comparing Clinical, Radiologic CharacteristicsJune 20, 2018
It is unclear whether ankylosing spondylitis and axial psoriatic arthritis are part of a spectrum of the same disease, or whether they are separate diseases with overlapping features.
Dose-related use of NSAIDs together with TNFi in patients with ankylosing spondylitis has a synergistic effect in slowing radiographic progression.
Researchers used data from social media to identify concerns and perceptions regarding biologic therapies.
Researchers assessed achievement of minimally important changes in SPARCC scores in biologic-naive patients with ankylosing spondylitis treated with tofacitinib or placebo.
A number of factors that include age, the presence of enthesitis, and depressive symptoms may be associated with neuropathic pain in ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers sought to provide information on pregnancy outcomes, including major congenital malformations and other maternal and fetal adverse outcomes, in women treated with certolizumab pegol.
Nonmandatory transitioning from originator etanercept to biosimilar etanercept SB4 using a specifically designed communication strategy showed a slightly lower persistence rate and smaller decreases in disease activity.
TNFi therapy yielded favorable results in patients with AS or PsA, with progressively better responses between 4 months and 3 years.
The FDA has approved a label update to include pharmacokinetic data showing low transfer of certolizumab pegol through placenta and minimal transfer to breast milk from mother to infant.
Investigators evaluated sex differences in the effectiveness of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
The risk for aortic regurgitation and cardiac rhythm abnormalities was evaluated in a nationwide cohort of patients with spondyloarthritis.
Decreases in spinal and sacroiliac joint inflammation on MRI were maintained through 204 weeks with certolizumab pegol treatment.
Spinal fracture-free survival among patients with AS was not significantly affected by the use of bDMARD therapy.
Investigators examined the long-term safety and efficacy of a subcutaneous maintenance dose of secukinumab 150 and 300 mg.
Male gender and the Charlson Comorbidity Index score contributed significantly to fracture risk in this population.
Research suggests that the best site to assess bone loss in patients with ankylosing spondylitis is the femoral neck.
Low-dose computed tomography detects more bone proliferation in patients with ankylosing spondylitis compared with conventional radiography.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much