New approaches to informed consent using technology advances are changing the way participants are informed and how researchers obtain their permission.
Researchers find that 29% of data from trials went unreported from 1999 to 2009.
A Biologics License Application (BLA) for sirukumab, a human monoclonal IgG1 kappa antibody targeting IL-6, was submitted by Janssen Biotech to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of adults with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
In the first randomized controlled study evaluating the efficacy of targeted IL-6 inhibition in PsA,researchers found that clazakizumab 100 mg significantly reduced PsA disease severity as quantified by ACR20 scores at week 16 post-randomization compared with placebo.
The proportion of clinical trials registered at ClinicalTrials.gov and sponsored by 4 pharmaceutical companies who reported sharing of data was examined
Gaps in knowledge regarding biosimilars were recently identified by researchers between patients receiving these drugs, their caregivers, and the general population.
A lack of clinical evidence is one of many significant barriers when it comes to providing optimal care for elderly-onset rheumatoid arthritis.
Failing to consider clinical trials in disease management can represent a significant missed opportunity on the part of both clinicians and patients.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014