Connective Tissue Disease
Researchers used registry data to evaluate the risk of autoimmune diseases over 6.5 years after exposure to HPV vaccines in adolescent and young adult women.
A European committee of pediatric rheumatology experts has provided the first consensus-based recommendations for clinical management of juvenile dermatomyositis.
Dual Therapy Improves Treatment Response in Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension
Post hoc study subgroup analysis shows combination ambrisentan plus tadalafil therapy improves treatment response in patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Data from a population-based case control study found that systemic glucocorticoid use was associated with increased risk of S. aureus bacteremia (CA-SAB), with a clear dose-response relationship.
Mild elevations in MPAP were commonly found in newly diagnosed CTD-ILD, regardless of the background CTD, in this cohort of patients.
Regression of skin fibrosis is a feature of the natural history of dcSSc. However, the pattern of regression can be quite heterogeneous despite improvements in predicting progression.
Hemodynamic data and survival were compared in a subgroup of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the setting of connective tissue disease.
CTD is associated with higher prevalence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in African Americans and in young adults.
Researchers quantified the heritability and genetic sharing for 9 pediatric autoimmune disorders.
Recent data show that tocilizumab is associated with improved quality of life without aggressive steroid treatment in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Total Knee Replacement for Osteoarthritis: Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Metabolic Syndrome: High Prevalence and Risk
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Dealing With The Demand For Opioids: A Clinician's Guide
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Different Technologies in Medicine: Friends or Foes?
- Price Transparency Intervention Doesn't Reduce Lab Test Orders
- Efficacy of Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioral Pain Management for Fibromyalgia
- Clinician Round Table: The Role of Diet in Gout Management
- Infliximab Biosimilar Now FDA Approved for RA, PsA, AS