Connective Tissue Disease
Muscle magnetic resonance imaging may complement a physician's objective assessment in juvenile dermatomyositis, although negative MRI findings should not preclude treatment continuation.
A better understanding of the natural progression of this disease would allow earlier detection in children at high risk for functional decline.
Researchers used registry data to evaluate the risk of autoimmune diseases over 6.5 years after exposure to HPV vaccines in adolescent and young adult women.
A European committee of pediatric rheumatology experts has provided the first consensus-based recommendations for clinical management of juvenile dermatomyositis.
Dual Therapy Improves Treatment Response in Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary HypertensionJanuary 16, 2017
Post hoc study subgroup analysis shows combination ambrisentan plus tadalafil therapy improves treatment response in patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Panel advises that up to 50% of young patients with juvenile-onset rheumatic diseases fail to successfully transition to adult rheumatology services.
Data from a population-based case control study found that systemic glucocorticoid use was associated with increased risk of S. aureus bacteremia (CA-SAB), with a clear dose-response relationship.
Mild elevations in MPAP were commonly found in newly diagnosed CTD-ILD, regardless of the background CTD, in this cohort of patients.
Regression of skin fibrosis is a feature of the natural history of dcSSc. However, the pattern of regression can be quite heterogeneous despite improvements in predicting progression.
Hemodynamic data and survival were compared in a subgroup of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the setting of connective tissue disease.
CTD is associated with higher prevalence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in African Americans and in young adults.
Researchers quantified the heritability and genetic sharing for 9 pediatric autoimmune disorders.
Recent data show that tocilizumab is associated with improved quality of life without aggressive steroid treatment in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica.
Survivors of cancer in childhood are more susceptible to autoimmune disorders.
Systemic lupus erythematosus disease activity can be assessed using IL-6 and IL-17 baseline serum levels as biomarkers.
Cyclophosphamide and mycophenolate mofetil efficacious for scleroderma-related lung disease, according to trial data reported at ACR/ARHP 2015.
Researchers identify pain factors to improve care for patients with lupus.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014