EULAR has released updated guidelines for the management of Behçet syndrome.
The 2 commonly utilized laboratory biomarkers, lysozyme and angiotensin-converting enzyme, lack sufficient sensitivity and specificity.
The use of color duplex sonography for the diagnosis of patients with suspected giant cell arteritis is associated with high specificity and positive predictive value.
The utility of PET and CT imaging to complement temporal artery biopsy in patients with newly diagnosed giant cell arteritis who are receiving glucocorticoid therapy remains equivocal.
The presence of the certain autoantibodies accurately predicts a person's risk for progression from clinically suspect arthralgia to rheumatoid arthritis.
In patients with knee osteoarthritic pain, extended-release paracetamol may have a greater analgesic effect than placebo.
Overall improvements in rates of minimal disease activity are achieved in patients with PsA when they are treated with anti-tumor necrosis factor agents
A new bone assessment evaluates fracture risk in children.
Patients using a personalized risk calculator were guided to a more accurate perception of their knee OA risk.
The ability of Power Doppler Ultrasound to predict short-term psoriatic arthritis disease flare was investigated in a new study.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Baricitinib Shows Positive Results for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Phase 2 Study
- Bimekizumab Linked to 12-Week Clinical Improvements in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Biologic Therapy in Ankylosing Spondylitis: Insights From Social Media
- Sprifermin Improved Cartilage Morphology, Thickness in Knee Osteoarthritis
- Examining the Therapeutic Possibilities of Nutrition in Fibromyalgia
- Managing Cognitive Dysfunction in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Sex-Based Differences in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Clinical Implications and Patient Management
- False-Positive Tuberculin Skin Test Results Linked to Methotrexate Therapy
- Risk of Developing Herpes Zoster Increased in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Occupational Exposure to Fumes Increases Rheumatoid Factor Levels in RA
- Does Maintenance of Certification Status Affect Patient Care?
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Poverty, Neighborhood May Affect Outcomes in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Increased Rates of Opioid- and Injection Drug Use-Related Septic Knee Arthritis