The 2 commonly utilized laboratory biomarkers, lysozyme and angiotensin-converting enzyme, lack sufficient sensitivity and specificity.
The use of color duplex sonography for the diagnosis of patients with suspected giant cell arteritis is associated with high specificity and positive predictive value.
The utility of PET and CT imaging to complement temporal artery biopsy in patients with newly diagnosed giant cell arteritis who are receiving glucocorticoid therapy remains equivocal.
The presence of the certain autoantibodies accurately predicts a person's risk for progression from clinically suspect arthralgia to rheumatoid arthritis.
In patients with knee osteoarthritic pain, extended-release paracetamol may have a greater analgesic effect than placebo.
Overall improvements in rates of minimal disease activity are achieved in patients with PsA when they are treated with anti-tumor necrosis factor agents
A new bone assessment evaluates fracture risk in children.
Patients using a personalized risk calculator were guided to a more accurate perception of their knee OA risk.
The ability of Power Doppler Ultrasound to predict short-term psoriatic arthritis disease flare was investigated in a new study.
Our results demonstrate that a significant portion of patients classified as in clinical remission by DAS28 present some imaging findings suggesting disease activity in their clinical dominant foot
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods