A clinical expert panel from the Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation has published the first-ever clinical practice guidelines for the disease in the United States.
One-fifth of patients who sought a second opinion at a single academic medical center received a different diagnosis from their primary care providers.
The rate of malpractice claims paid on behalf of physicians decreased as mean compensation amounts increased from 1992 to 2014.
Study evaluated hand function and potential influence of functional loss on patients' overall physical functions, health-related quality of life, and psychological status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic sclerosis.
Ultrasonography detects different ankle pathologies in various inflammatory rheumatic diseases.
Study from The Netherlands randomly assigned 660 high-risk patients undergoing elective procedures involving iodinated contrast material to receive no prophylaxis or intravenous hydration.
Cross-sectional survey study examines patients undergoing spine surgery and their knowledge of radiation exposure.
Standardized ultrasound assessment of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity may aid healthcare practitioners in comprehensive management.
Functional MRI imaging in patients with non-neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus found that defects in spatial working memory and cognitive dysfunction were related to damage in specific neural networks.
American and European experts forge first commonly accepted and validated classification criteria for Sjögren syndrome.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care