Researchers say that MRI of the hand and foot can be used in the early diagnostic process of RA in patients with UA.
Reduced levels of serum uric acid are associated with markedly fewer new-onset gout and gout flares.
MRI is more sensitive than clinical markers for identifying radiographic disease progression.
A clinical expert panel from the Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation has published the first-ever clinical practice guidelines for the disease in the United States.
One-fifth of patients who sought a second opinion at a single academic medical center received a different diagnosis from their primary care providers.
The rate of malpractice claims paid on behalf of physicians decreased as mean compensation amounts increased from 1992 to 2014.
Study evaluated hand function and potential influence of functional loss on patients' overall physical functions, health-related quality of life, and psychological status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic sclerosis.
Ultrasonography detects different ankle pathologies in various inflammatory rheumatic diseases.
Study from The Netherlands randomly assigned 660 high-risk patients undergoing elective procedures involving iodinated contrast material to receive no prophylaxis or intravenous hydration.
Cross-sectional survey study examines patients undergoing spine surgery and their knowledge of radiation exposure.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- FDA Clears Radiofrequency Treatment for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Osteoporosis Treatment Receives Updated Guidelines From ACP
- Six Institutional Areas Tied to Physician Burnout
- Assessing the Diagnostic Accuracy of MRI in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Superior Reduction in Osteoarthritis Knee Pain From Novel Hyaluronan Injection
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Intra-Articular Triamcinolone vs Saline Injection
- Knee Pain Relief From Fiber, Chondroitin in Osteoarthritis
- Bone Mineral Density Changes Related to Adrenal Incidentalomas in Menopause
- Patients Satisfied With Telemedicine Primary Care Visits
- HIV-Induced Osteoporosis Detected Via Bone Ultrasonography