Novel psychosocial therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy that have been effective in adults with fibromyalgia need additional neuromuscular fitness training to overcome catastrophizing and fear of exercise in adolescents.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Study examines relationship between cardiovascular disease risk factors, rotator cuff tendinopathy, and glenohumeral joint pain.
Clinically significant improvement in several fibromyalgia symptoms highlighted by researcher from Spain.
A high prevalence of anti-TSH receptor antibodies were found in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome.
"Exercise-based motivational interviewing was associated with sustained clinical benefits 6 months after completion of therapy, but only for those who were not taking opioids."
Levels of depression and anxiety varied by disease. Special attention should be paid to patients with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
New research suggests approaching the association between traumatic experiences and pain in a biopsychosocial paradigm, wherein affective distress and fibromyalgia features interact.
Preliminary data from a phase 3 trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of a new sublingual formulation of cyclobenzaprine HCl for the treatment of fibromyalgia has been released.
This is the first study to relate increased self regulatory fatigue with worsened quality of life for patients with fibromyalgia.
Water-based aquatic Ai Chi therapy was found to be associated with measurable reductions in pain and decreased fibromyalgia syndrome impact and quality of life
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care