Novel psychosocial therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy that have been effective in adults with fibromyalgia need additional neuromuscular fitness training to overcome catastrophizing and fear of exercise in adolescents.
A 10-minute cold application on the trapezius muscle was tied to a significant decrease in pain score.
Transcranial random noise stimulation improved both physical and cognitive symptoms in fibromyalgia.
This research is especially important given that patients with fibromyalgia have difficulty attending treatment sessions in person.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Study examines relationship between cardiovascular disease risk factors, rotator cuff tendinopathy, and glenohumeral joint pain.
Clinically significant improvement in several fibromyalgia symptoms highlighted by researcher from Spain.
A high prevalence of anti-TSH receptor antibodies were found in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome.
"Exercise-based motivational interviewing was associated with sustained clinical benefits 6 months after completion of therapy, but only for those who were not taking opioids."
Levels of depression and anxiety varied by disease. Special attention should be paid to patients with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
New research suggests approaching the association between traumatic experiences and pain in a biopsychosocial paradigm, wherein affective distress and fibromyalgia features interact.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- FDA Clears Radiofrequency Treatment for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Osteoporosis Treatment Receives Updated Guidelines From ACP
- Six Institutional Areas Tied to Physician Burnout
- Assessing the Diagnostic Accuracy of MRI in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Superior Reduction in Osteoarthritis Knee Pain From Novel Hyaluronan Injection
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Intra-Articular Triamcinolone vs Saline Injection
- Knee Pain Relief From Fiber, Chondroitin in Osteoarthritis
- Bone Mineral Density Changes Related to Adrenal Incidentalomas in Menopause
- Patients Satisfied With Telemedicine Primary Care Visits
- HIV-Induced Osteoporosis Detected Via Bone Ultrasonography