Novel psychosocial therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy that have been effective in adults with fibromyalgia need additional neuromuscular fitness training to overcome catastrophizing and fear of exercise in adolescents.
No statistically significant benefit was reported in pain or anxiety outcomes among those with fibromyalgia or anxiety, respectively.
ADHD in adults typically co-occurs with fibromyalgia syndrome, and may negatively affect FMS-related morbidity.
Fibromyalgia has remained a clinically nebulous entity, and one that is very difficult to manage effectively.
A 10-minute cold application on the trapezius muscle was tied to a significant decrease in pain score.
Transcranial random noise stimulation improved both physical and cognitive symptoms in fibromyalgia.
This research is especially important given that patients with fibromyalgia have difficulty attending treatment sessions in person.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Study examines relationship between cardiovascular disease risk factors, rotator cuff tendinopathy, and glenohumeral joint pain.
Clinically significant improvement in several fibromyalgia symptoms highlighted by researcher from Spain.
A high prevalence of anti-TSH receptor antibodies were found in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods