Novel psychosocial therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy that have been effective in adults with fibromyalgia need additional neuromuscular fitness training to overcome catastrophizing and fear of exercise in adolescents.
Pain catastrophizing may be associated with a reduced ability to effectively distract the mind from pain in patients with fibromyalgia.
Tai chi treatment results in similar or greater improvement in symptoms than aerobic exercise for a variety of outcomes for patients with fibromyalgia.
Researchers sought to confirm whether concomitant fibromyalgia has a negative effect on TNF blocker response.
IQuity has released a blood test called IsolateFibromyalgia, which uses RNA data to identify fibromyalgia.
A group acupuncture program may be beneficial for women with fibromyalgia.
No statistically significant benefit was reported in pain or anxiety outcomes among those with fibromyalgia or anxiety, respectively.
ADHD in adults typically co-occurs with fibromyalgia syndrome, and may negatively affect FMS-related morbidity.
Fibromyalgia has remained a clinically nebulous entity, and one that is very difficult to manage effectively.
A 10-minute cold application on the trapezius muscle was tied to a significant decrease in pain score.
Transcranial random noise stimulation improved both physical and cognitive symptoms in fibromyalgia.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Alternative Measurement of Psoriasis Severity Effective in CZP-Treated Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incident Gout Risk, Serum Urate, and Comorbidities: What Are the Links?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Clinician Roundtable: Improving Quality of Life in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Incidence of Clinically Significant GI Events in NSAID-Treated Arthritis
- EULAR Releases Recommendations for Pain Management in OA, Inflammatory Arthritis
- Risk of Developing Herpes Zoster Increased in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Supervised, Intense Exercise Improves Physical Fitness in Older Adults With RA
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- The Dorsal 4-Finger Technique: A New Method to Examine Joints in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gout, Urate-Lowering Therapy Not Associated With Risk for Fragility Fracture
- Does Exposure to Passive Smoke Increase Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk?
- Pegloticase Retreatment Effective for Gout After Gap in Therapy
- Tofacitinib Reduces MRI Inflammation, May Improve Outcomes in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Associations Between Site-Specific BMD, Anthropometric, Glucose Homeostasis Traits