Study analyzes insurance claims data to examine the relationship between allopurinol use in patients with both gout and diabetes and its effect on cardiovascular event risk.
Ultrasonography detects different ankle pathologies in various inflammatory rheumatic diseases.
Research comes from meta-analysis of 25 population-based studies on 5 major forms of arthritis.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
Study evaluated cardiovascular risk in patients with a new diagnosis of gout using risk prediction tools and carotid ultrasound.
Prospective study examines women with a history of gout and risk of hip and wrist fractures.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for review the New Drug Application (NDA) for Duzallo (lesinurad/allopurinol fixed-dose combination; Ironwood) for the treatment of hyperuricemia in patients with uncontrolled gout.
Puja Paul Khanna, MD, MPH, sat down with Rheumatology Advisor to discuss the safety profile of lesinurad.
A study found that 1 in 5 patients with history of prior skin reaction to allopurinol also developed similar reaction after febuxostat treatment.
The guidelines recommend treatment strategies and state that evidence is insufficient to support therapy to lower uric acid to target levels.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care