Following the diet may be a good option for patients who prefer to avoid medication.
Reduced levels of serum uric acid are associated with markedly fewer new-onset gout and gout flares.
The presence of tophi at baseline was associated with an almost 3-fold increased risk for death from all causes.
There was low quality evidence from three trials indicating no reduction in systolic (-6.2mmHg, 95% CI: -12.8 to 0.5) or diastolic (-3.9mmHg, 95% CI: -9.2 to 1.4) 24-hour ambulatory BP with uric acid lowering drugs vs. placebo.
Study analyzes insurance claims data to examine the relationship between allopurinol use in patients with both gout and diabetes and its effect on cardiovascular event risk.
Ultrasonography detects different ankle pathologies in various inflammatory rheumatic diseases.
Research comes from meta-analysis of 25 population-based studies on 5 major forms of arthritis.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
Study evaluated cardiovascular risk in patients with a new diagnosis of gout using risk prediction tools and carotid ultrasound.
Prospective study examines women with a history of gout and risk of hip and wrist fractures.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- FDA Clears Radiofrequency Treatment for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Osteoporosis Treatment Receives Updated Guidelines From ACP
- Six Institutional Areas Tied to Physician Burnout
- Assessing the Diagnostic Accuracy of MRI in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Superior Reduction in Osteoarthritis Knee Pain From Novel Hyaluronan Injection
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Intra-Articular Triamcinolone vs Saline Injection
- Knee Pain Relief From Fiber, Chondroitin in Osteoarthritis
- Bone Mineral Density Changes Related to Adrenal Incidentalomas in Menopause
- Patients Satisfied With Telemedicine Primary Care Visits
- HIV-Induced Osteoporosis Detected Via Bone Ultrasonography