Changes made by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act have affected the government's approach to physician payment.
Thirty-one states and Washington DC have signed legislation to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
The American College of Rheumatology's head of government affairs dissects the AHCA proposal and explains what it means for rheumatologists and their patients.
Increase in the health law's popularity is largely due to an increase in support among independents.
Data from 4 years before state Medicaid expansions and 2 years afterward.
American College of Rheumatology provides mixed opinions on the proposed American Health Care Act.
Data comes from two combined quantitative surveys, one involving patients and the other physicians or other health care providers, practice administrators, and C-suite executives.
Responses come after House leadership introduces the American Health Care Act, the proposed replacement for Obamacare.
Republicans unveil proposed replacement for the Affordable Care Act.
In first 9 months of 2016, 12.3% of adults and 5% of children remain uninsured.
Research letter examines statistics from a single private insurance plan from 2011 to 2015.
Rule change proposals include special enrollment period for eligible individuals.
In a plan with an extra-small network, researchers found that the monthly premium was 6.7% less than a plan with a large network.
The US health care system is one of the least efficient worldwide based on a Bloomberg index that assesses life expectancy, health care spending per capita, and relative spending as a share of gross domestic product
This video discusses issues related to insurance coverage and therapeutic substitution of biologic biosimilars.
One clinician reflects on the financial incentives provided by the Chronic Care Management (CCM) program of CMS.
Health insurers have faced challenges in building insurance exchanges under the Affordable Care Act.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care