The SSDM series of applications is cost-effective for patients of rheumatologists.
While a treat to target strategy has been proposed for managing SLE, the impact of possible disease outcomes has not been fully evaluated.
More than 25% of SLE patients also have metabolic syndrome.
Mannose-binding lectin of the complement system may contribute to the development of clinical manifestations in SLE.
The diagnosis and management of shrinking lung syndrome, a rare complication of systemic lupus erythematosus, is discussed in a comprehensive review.
SLE was low to absent in pregnant women during conception and pregnancy, but increased after delivery.
A cause for the lupus disease may have been identified as a protein by a researcher at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
FENO monitoring may provide a biomarker of disease activity and signify the emergence of pulmonary involvement in kids with SLE.
This condition is associated with serious disease flare complicated by sepsis and a high mortality rate.
Meta-analysis supports anti-RNP and anti-Sm antibodies as serological biomarkers of PAH risk in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
MOCA is more effective than the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction.
The majority of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus have poor quality of sleep.
Cumulative steroid dosage is a risk factor for the development of osteonecrosis.
In this expert interview, Sasha Bernatsky, MD, PhD, and Michelle Petri, MD, MPH, discuss the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in SLE.
Socioeconomic and racial disparities are linked in the severity and treatment of lupus.
Asia-Pacific Lupus Collaborative's low-disease activity score can predict risk of flare-ups, according to research from a group at Hong Kong University.
The study evaluated 2 groups of women from the Nurses' Health Study (NHS) and NHSII cohorts, examining alcohol consumption and the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and low self-esteem reported higher levels of anxiety and depression.
Changes in levels of soluble mediators may predict SLE transition in unaffected relatives of patients.
A European League Against Rheumatism writing committee has issued recommendations for family planning for women with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome based on a systemic review.
Consuming adequate amounts of the right nutrients, and limiting others, can help relieve symptoms and improve outcomes in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Study reviewed information from 1.8 million individuals in England admitted to a hospital with an autoimmune disease.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
The Lupus Foundation of America is now accepting applications for 8 grants, with dedicated awards to minority applicants, pediatric research, and research that has an impact on rural areas.
Study evaluated the complications and success rates for IVF in women with systemic lupus erythematosus or antiphospholipid syndrome.
Three-year follow-up shows statistically significant increase in cumulative presence of HPV infection.
Women with systemic lupus erythematosus and depression were more likely to have increased carotid intima-media thickness compared with those with SLE without depression.
Patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) were assessed for their risk of cerebrovascular accidents, ischemic heart disease, and peripheral arterial disease.
Eligible participants participated in a phase IIb trial of sifalimumab to determine the drug's effect on moderate-to-severe active SLE.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Baricitinib Shows Positive Results for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Phase 2 Study
- Bimekizumab Linked to 12-Week Clinical Improvements in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Biologic Therapy in Ankylosing Spondylitis: Insights From Social Media
- Sprifermin Improved Cartilage Morphology, Thickness in Knee Osteoarthritis
- Examining the Therapeutic Possibilities of Nutrition in Fibromyalgia
- Managing Cognitive Dysfunction in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Sex-Based Differences in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Clinical Implications and Patient Management
- False-Positive Tuberculin Skin Test Results Linked to Methotrexate Therapy
- Risk of Developing Herpes Zoster Increased in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Occupational Exposure to Fumes Increases Rheumatoid Factor Levels in RA
- Does Maintenance of Certification Status Affect Patient Care?
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Poverty, Neighborhood May Affect Outcomes in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Increased Rates of Opioid- and Injection Drug Use-Related Septic Knee Arthritis