The SSDM series of applications is cost-effective for patients of rheumatologists.
While a treat to target strategy has been proposed for managing SLE, the impact of possible disease outcomes has not been fully evaluated.
More than 25% of SLE patients also have metabolic syndrome.
Mannose-binding lectin of the complement system may contribute to the development of clinical manifestations in SLE.
The diagnosis and management of shrinking lung syndrome, a rare complication of systemic lupus erythematosus, is discussed in a comprehensive review.
SLE was low to absent in pregnant women during conception and pregnancy, but increased after delivery.
A cause for the lupus disease may have been identified as a protein by a researcher at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
FENO monitoring may provide a biomarker of disease activity and signify the emergence of pulmonary involvement in kids with SLE.
This condition is associated with serious disease flare complicated by sepsis and a high mortality rate.
Meta-analysis supports anti-RNP and anti-Sm antibodies as serological biomarkers of PAH risk in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
MOCA is more effective than the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction.
The majority of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus have poor quality of sleep.
Cumulative steroid dosage is a risk factor for the development of osteonecrosis.
In this expert interview, Sasha Bernatsky, MD, PhD, and Michelle Petri, MD, MPH, discuss the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in SLE.
Socioeconomic and racial disparities are linked in the severity and treatment of lupus.
Asia-Pacific Lupus Collaborative's low-disease activity score can predict risk of flare-ups, according to research from a group at Hong Kong University.
The study evaluated 2 groups of women from the Nurses' Health Study (NHS) and NHSII cohorts, examining alcohol consumption and the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and low self-esteem reported higher levels of anxiety and depression.
Changes in levels of soluble mediators may predict SLE transition in unaffected relatives of patients.
A European League Against Rheumatism writing committee has issued recommendations for family planning for women with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome based on a systemic review.
Consuming adequate amounts of the right nutrients, and limiting others, can help relieve symptoms and improve outcomes in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Study reviewed information from 1.8 million individuals in England admitted to a hospital with an autoimmune disease.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
The Lupus Foundation of America is now accepting applications for 8 grants, with dedicated awards to minority applicants, pediatric research, and research that has an impact on rural areas.
Study evaluated the complications and success rates for IVF in women with systemic lupus erythematosus or antiphospholipid syndrome.
Three-year follow-up shows statistically significant increase in cumulative presence of HPV infection.
Women with systemic lupus erythematosus and depression were more likely to have increased carotid intima-media thickness compared with those with SLE without depression.
Patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) were assessed for their risk of cerebrovascular accidents, ischemic heart disease, and peripheral arterial disease.
Eligible participants participated in a phase IIb trial of sifalimumab to determine the drug's effect on moderate-to-severe active SLE.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Concomitant Use of Glucocorticoids and Tofacitinib in Patients With RA
- What Is the Best Site for Assessing Bone Loss in Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Association Between Maternal Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Asthma in Offspring
- Rise in Health Care Costs: Are Physician Salaries the Cause?
- Physical Activity Not Associated With Reduced Frailty Risk Among Sedentary, Older Adults
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Leflunomide Exposure During Pregnancy Not Associated With Increased Risk for Adverse Outcomes
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections May Delay Total Knee Replacement in Osteoarthritis
- Choosing the Right TNF Inhibitor Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence Rates of Total Knee Replacement
- Disease Activity in JIA During and After Pregnancy Examined
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Reexamining the Role of Concierge Medicine in Primary Care
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks