Rising temperatures are expected to increase the number of cases of Lyme disease in the United States by more than 20% by mid-century.
Ticks capable of transmitting Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses have been identified in dozens of places across the US where the pests had never previously been recorded.
Factors to be considered when choosing the correct NSAID for arthritis include effectiveness, concurrent health conditions, and frequency of use.
Accurate and rapid diagnostics methods are needed to inform initial clinical decision making for patients with hip monoarthritis.
Research might explain why lingering symptoms after therapy for treating Lyme disease occur.
In patients with knee OA, intra-articular ozone may provide pain relief, functional improvement, and gains of QoL.
The researchers noted that the small changes in lipid profile do not account for the cardiovascular benefits seen in patients taking etanercept.
During the treatment for chronic Lyme disease, serious bacterial infections have been documented.
Patients in the intervention group saw improvements in WOMAC and 6MWT scores after participating in adapted exercise programs.
Children are some of the most susceptible to Lyme disease. In many children, joint inflammation may be the first symptom.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much