Weight loss in patients at risk for osteoarthritis helped slow degeneration of knee cartilage over 48 months.
Study examines data from the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) to identify any cross-sectional association between arthritis and cognitive impairment in older adults.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
One in four adults in the U.S. have been diagnosed with arthritis.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Multiple new-onset systemic autoimmune joint disorders--including rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis--may develop after Lyme disease treatment.
Officials with the FDA have approved safety labeling changes for fluoroquinolones, to enhance warnings about their association with disabling and potentially permanent side effects and to limit their use in patients with less serious bacterial infections
The findings could have important clinical implications in the treatment of patients with arthritis.
Polyphenols (baicalein, luteolin, and rosmarinic acid) and fatty acids (monolaurin and 10-HAD), and micronutrients (iodine and vitamins D3 and C) in combination with doxycycline were effective anti-borreliae substrates
Data from the Persistent Lyme Empiric Antibiotic Study Europe (PLEASE) trial assessed whether longer term use of certain antibiotics resulted in improvements in health-related quality of life after open-label treatment with ceftriaxone.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- FDA Clears Radiofrequency Treatment for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Osteoporosis Treatment Receives Updated Guidelines From ACP
- Six Institutional Areas Tied to Physician Burnout
- Assessing the Diagnostic Accuracy of MRI in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Superior Reduction in Osteoarthritis Knee Pain From Novel Hyaluronan Injection
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Intra-Articular Triamcinolone vs Saline Injection
- Knee Pain Relief From Fiber, Chondroitin in Osteoarthritis
- Bone Mineral Density Changes Related to Adrenal Incidentalomas in Menopause
- Patients Satisfied With Telemedicine Primary Care Visits
- HIV-Induced Osteoporosis Detected Via Bone Ultrasonography