In patients with rheumatic diseases, the incidence of pneumocystis pneumonia was reduced with primary prophylaxis with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
The CDC launched a campaign in order to help fight the opioid addiction.
Exercise is recommended by the USPSTF for older individuals in order to prevent falls.
The ACP does not support the legalization of assisted suicide.
Many physicians on Twitter mention the specific drugs that they have a conflict of interest with.
The need for primary care physicians is predicted to increase by 18% between 2003 and 2023.
Open-label placeobos rather than no treatment show positive clinical effect.
Patients 65 and older who have been hospitalized may have a higher risk of dying within a month of admission if treated by and older doctor.
The most serious adverse events that happen in nursing homes are caused by medication errors, falls, inappropriate interventions, and missed nursing care.
Making time for yourself as a physician can be difficult because of busy rotations.
Medical discrimination based on a patient's size can be stressful and have a detrimental effect on their health.
In the US, about 20% of hospital patients experience adverse events from antibiotics.
The FDA is trying to reduce nicotine in combustible cigarettes.
The association between sedentary time and mortality varies with level of frailty among adults aged 50 and up.
The studies used to support the FDA's approval of device modifications aren't controlled, and usually approval is confirmed 3 years after.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods