Denosumab may be beneficial for managing transfusion-dependent thalassemia-induced osteoporosis.
Insulin resistance may play an intermediary role in the relationship between adiposity and lumbar spine bone mass in adolescents.
There is little justification for the use of vitamin D supplements to maintain or improve musculoskeletal health.
The risk for fragility fractures is significantly lower in women with osteopenia who receive zoledronate than in those who receive placebo.
Fifteen genetic determinants of fracture, which are also associated with bone mineral density, have been identified.
Investigators assess whether circulating advanced glycation end products and esRAGE were associated with bone turnover and risk for fracture.
A variety of underlying mechanisms may be attributed to the role of statins in preventing bone-related disorders.
Postoperative mortality is lower for medically stable older patients who undergo surgery for hip fracture on the day of admission or the following day.
Investigators assessed the effect of exercise modality during dietary-induced on bone health.
For older patients undergoing hip fracture repair, the level of sedation does not affect delirium risk overall.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much