If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, gives insight into dealing with patients' demands for opioids.
Increasing evidence supports the notion that an individual's specific response to pain or pain treatments may be affected by particular gene polymorphisms.
An interview with Penney Cowan, founder and chief executive officer of the American Chronic Pain Association, where she discusses the ACPA's publication aimed at helping healthcare practitioners improve care of patients with chronic pain.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has released a report on cannabis and cannabinoids, outlining current knowledge and giving recommendations for future research.
The updated guidelines address guidance on dosing, including reduced starting and maintenance dosing, and safety precautions for diagnosing and treating complications.
Chronic pain management is dependent on the continuous assessment of pain to determine the effectiveness of the treatment.
Researchers have developed a new self-reported pain scale utilizing more detailed descriptions of patient activity patterns
Cannabis-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
Are we overestimating the efficacy of step III analgesics?
For patients undergoing TKA, there were factors that influenced peak plasma total ropivacaine concentration after local infiltration analgesia.
For patients with irreparable rotator cuff tear, improvements in range of motion and pain levels may be achieved with reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.
IV zoledronic acid and vitamin D reduces volume of bone marrow edema in patients with bone marrow lesions.
The reasoning for not taking prescribed opioids, the number of unused pills, method medication was stored and disposed of was assessed.
The 'Choosing Wisely" campaign was launched in order to reduce expenses forlow back pain visits.
SNB and FNB was more effective in pain relief for patients undergoing TKA.
In a randomized trial that compared the efficacy of yoga, physical therapy, and education for patients with chronic low back pain, yoga was deemed noninferior to PT.
Radiofrequency denervation of thoracic facet joints may provide pain relief comparable to pain relief achieved for cervical and lumbar facet joints.
Celecoxib plus a proton pump inhibitor reduces risk for recurrent upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with arthritis using NSAIDs who are at risk for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal events.
A review and meta-analysis indicates that spinal manipulative therapy is linked to modest improvements in low back pain.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods