There is an unmet need for mental health interventions that address illness-related issues affecting youth with rheumatologic conditions.
Health professionals from many disciplines need to be able to recognize the clinical presentations, essential diagnostic tests, and treatment approach of Lyme neuroborreliosis.
Low nailfold capillary density is associated with impaired pulmonary function tests and more frequent high-resolution computed tomography abnormalities in patients with juvenile dermatomyositis.
The JDM Image Score may have the potential to serve as a reliable biomarker of disease severity and response to therapeutic interventions in children with juvenile dermatomyositis.
Prediction models of outcomes in juvenile idiopathic arthritis have acceptable precision and require only readily available baseline variables.
The investigators sought to evaluate the time patients were in remission after discontinuing biologic therapy for the treatment of JIA.
The FDA has approved the subcutaneous formulation of Actemra for the treatment of active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Baseline depressive symptoms were associated with pain and disability in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Researchers evaluated the safety and efficacy of adalimumab and infliximab in the treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis in patients treated for at least 2 years.
Researchers sought to include Doppler findings in the evaluation and definition of normal joint features that can be visualized in healthy children in different age groups.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions