Abnormality on an ultrasound examination significantly increased the risk for flare in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Data from the CARRA Legacy Registry show disability is common in patients with childhood-onset SLE.
The goal of consensus treatment plans is to drive a cycle of innovation and replacement that allows the addition of new treatments and the removal of unused or ineffective strategies.
Maternal RA exposure in utero may increase the risk for certain chronic conditions, including RA, thyroid disease, and epilepsy.
Autoantibodies that recognize cytosolic 5′-nucleotidase 1A were detected in about 25% of patients with juvenile myositis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Treatment response was most significant in patients taking either tocilizumab or an interleukin-1 inhibitor.
Adalimumab was well tolerated and associated with persistent uveitis improvement in most cases.
An increase in disease activity 6 weeks postpartum suggests the need for tight follow-up of women with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Systemic but not inhaled corticosteroid use may be associated with increased fracture risk in pediatric patients.
Chronic inflammatory rheumatologic diseases benefit from early anti-inflammatory treatment; however, interdisciplinary approaches may be necessary for identifying and managing noninflammatory joint pain.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods