During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
Physicians who provide their email address to their patients have higher satisfaction, however it does not impact the patient.
Hospitals receiving financial incentives to improve performance for more than a decade did not have reduced patient mortality rates.
Are rising health care costs related to physician salaries?
When researchers publish unfavorable reviews of a product, they are the targets of legal action from pharmaceutical companies.
Hospitalized patients treated by locum tenens physicians compared to non-locum tenens physicians had similar rates of 30-day mortality.
The AMA highlighted the seriousness of cyberattacks in healthcare.
Beginning January 1, 2018, payments for testing services in physician office-based labs are being reduced.
Spouses of female physicians are more likely to work more hours outside of the home compared to spouses of male physicians.
The cost of observation care has increased, but is still cheaper than spending on short-stay hospitalizations.
Patients who are referred to physicians with a specific specialty may experience bias toward that specialty.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014