The aim of the Regulatory Accountability Act is to minimize federal regulations in health and medicine.
Innovations in digital health applications are contributing to expanding medical care to low-income or isolated environments.
There is a high rate of burnout among physicians, affecting over one-third of physicians in a single health system.
Many physicians avoid asking patients about sensitive topics such substance abuse or sexual activity during routine medical histories.
Violence may be best understood if it is treated as an epidemic health problem.
Over the past few decades, physician suicide has become a staggering public health crisis that has largely been ignored.
Hospitals participating in the 340B Drug Pricing Program have increased outpatient provision of parenteral drugs in hematology-oncology and ophthalmology.
Most people do not believe that healthcare providers should be allowed to refuse treatment based on their conscience or beliefs.
The ACR encourages healthcare providers to incorporate biosimilar drugs into treatment plans of patients with rheumatic diseases.
Researchers argue that medical journals should require article authors to include conflict-of-interest statements.
This article shared the arguments from 2 different clinicians on whether or not sexual orientation should be asked about during health care encounters.
Patients under the ACA are still struggling with premium and out-of-pocket spending on coverage expansions.
Interim analyses are often reported without justification, and may mislead clinicians about whether a drug or therapy is beneficial or not.
The HR 1215 bill proposes many changes to malpractice liability rules, including a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages.
The federal "right-to-try" legislation will restrict the FDA's oversight of access to investigational drugs for patients with life-threatening illnesses.
Patient counseling about firearms in their home is essential when there is potential harm involved.
Many healthcare organizations are calling on Congress to reverse the new CMS policy.
Physicians who provide their email address to their patients have higher satisfaction, however it does not impact the patient.
Hospitals receiving financial incentives to improve performance for more than a decade did not have reduced patient mortality rates.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
Are rising health care costs related to physician salaries?
When researchers publish unfavorable reviews of a product, they are the targets of legal action from pharmaceutical companies.
Hospitalized patients treated by locum tenens physicians compared to non-locum tenens physicians had similar rates of 30-day mortality.
Beginning January 1, 2018, payments for testing services in physician office-based labs are being reduced.
The AMA highlighted the seriousness of cyberattacks in healthcare.
Spouses of female physicians are more likely to work more hours outside of the home compared to spouses of male physicians.
The utility and effectiveness of wearable fitness devices are discussed in a clinician's opinion piece.
The cost of observation care has increased, but is still cheaper than spending on short-stay hospitalizations.
Patients who are referred to physicians with a specific specialty may experience bias toward that specialty.
Healthcare professionals need to know applicable law policy when complying with law enforcement demands.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods