Routine vitamin D and calcium supplementation in older adults is not supported for lowering the incidence of osteoporosis-related fractures.
In patients with rheumatic diseases, the incidence of pneumocystis pneumonia was reduced with primary prophylaxis with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
A recent study assessed whether gout is a cardiovascular risk equivalent for stroke and myocardial infarction, similar to diabetes.
Sensitivity to physical activity in older adults may be a risk factor for reduced physical activity.
Identification of the biologic pathways by which psychosocial trauma may increase a woman's risk for autoimmune disorders is critical and may offer greater insight into disease etiology and strategies for prevention.
Daily B vitamins and folic acid do not affect fracture risk in women with preexisting CV disease.
Postoperative bone mineral density loss in gastric cancer may be affected by the reconstruction method.
The need for better adherence to basic infection prevention was highlighted after an investigation around a septic arthritis outbreak.
In young adults, fractures are mainly caused by severe trauma.
In older adults, there is an increased risk of facial injuries during recreational activities.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions