Routine vitamin D and calcium supplementation in older adults is not supported for lowering the incidence of osteoporosis-related fractures.
In patients with rheumatic diseases, the incidence of pneumocystis pneumonia was reduced with primary prophylaxis with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
A recent study assessed whether gout is a cardiovascular risk equivalent for stroke and myocardial infarction, similar to diabetes.
Sensitivity to physical activity in older adults may be a risk factor for reduced physical activity.
Identification of the biologic pathways by which psychosocial trauma may increase a woman's risk for autoimmune disorders is critical and may offer greater insight into disease etiology and strategies for prevention.
Daily B vitamins and folic acid do not affect fracture risk in women with preexisting CV disease.
Postoperative bone mineral density loss in gastric cancer may be affected by the reconstruction method.
The need for better adherence to basic infection prevention was highlighted after an investigation around a septic arthritis outbreak.
In young adults, fractures are mainly caused by severe trauma.
In older adults, there is an increased risk of facial injuries during recreational activities.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods