Study confirms the validity of previously identified bone-turnover biomarkers for psoriatic disease-associated arthritis and for axial arthritis.
Dalazatide treatment can improve skin lesions for patients with plaque psoriasis.
The first US study to examine an interchangeability designation for an adalimumab biosimilar candidate is investigating interchangeability between BI 695501 and Humira 40mg/0.8mL.
Risk factors for associated psoriasis comorbidities should be identified in patients with pediatric psoriasis.
Psoriasis patients have high rates hyperlipidemia, hypertension, depression, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and obesity.
The degree of risk for cardiometabolic events and all-cause mortality appeared to increase in participants who took nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or corticosteroid drugs.
There was improvement in nail psoriasis severity at 16 weeks compared with placebo that was maintained through 52 weeks.
No Negative Effect on Disease Activity Seen in Switching Patients to Biosimilar Infliximab From Originator DrugJune 09, 2017
Researchers found similar disease duration the 3 months before and after the switch to CT-P13 in patients.
Patients with severe psoriasis and those with mild psoriasis and concomitant psoriatic arthritis have an increased risk of uveitis.
Psoriatic arthritis, patient weight, registration country and more influence first-line biologic treatment selection for patients with psoriasis.
Women were found to have a lower median of scores in the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index than men.
Prospective cohort study of patients with psoriasis who were assessed annually to examine for development of clinical psoriatic arthritis.
Findings come from 2 trials; one compared secukinumab with placebo, whereas the other compared secukinumab with placebo and etanercept.
Study reviewed information from 1.8 million individuals in England admitted to a hospital with an autoimmune disease.
Study evaluated clinical data to determine a possible role of major depressive disorders in the progression of inflammatory disease.
Investigators observe patient develop drug-induced lupus while taking biologic treatment for psoriasis.
Siliq will carry a Black Box Warning and is available only through a restricted program.
Study evaluated prevalence and severity of fatigue among patients with chronic plaque psoriasis and healthy controls.
Most patients with psoriasis who were withdrawn from ixekizumab therapy experienced disease relapse.
A population-based cohort study compared patients with psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis with matched comparators to determine fracture risk associated with the conditions.
Emotional well-being negatively impacted among parents with affected children.
Arterial inflammation and subcutaneous inflammation were significantly increased in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis
Ustekinumab had highest effectiveness during five years of tx; more dose escalation for etanercept.
Researchers found that lower education, higher disease visibility, severity, duration, and Type D personality were tied to stigmatization.
Bone and joint trauma were independently associated with increased risk of psoriatic arthritis in patients with psoriasis
Dermatologists are in a key position to screen for psoriatic arthritis (PsA), as the overlapping and variable symptoms of the disease require multidisciplinary care.
Ustekinumab was found to be more effective than three tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitors for the treatment of psoriasis.
Study assessed the development of antibodies to adalimumab as a diagnostic indicator in rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylosis, and psoriatic arthritis.
Cytokine Converter Cell Implants Offer a Translational Approach to Treating Psoriasis and Other Chronic Immune DisordersJanuary 21, 2016
Normal skin tissue morphology restored in psoriatic mice implanted with microencapsulated cytokine converter transgenic designer cells.
Researchers quantified the heritability and genetic sharing for 9 pediatric autoimmune disorders.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Large Vessel Vasculitis Imaging: Recommendations for Clinical Practice
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- Imaging Changes Examined in Tocilizumab-Treated Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Cancer Immunotherapy Outcomes Evaluated in Patients With Rheumatic Disease
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Treating Violence as a Contagious Health Problem
- Factors of Plasma Ropivacaine Concentrations After Local Infiltration Analgesia in TKA
- Anti-CCP Positivity Associated With Increased Risk of Major Fracture in RA
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides