Researchers reviewed the accuracy and characteristics of questionnaire-based PsA screening tools.
Data show that filgotinib is effective for the treatment of active psoriatic arthritis.
Data show an increased prevalence of psoriasis in patients with gout compared with patients without gout.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis have a low influenza vaccination rate, despite the recommendation from the CDC to be vaccinated annually.
Statin therapy was associated lower CRP levels in psoriatic arthritis treated with statins, possibly indicating decreased systemic inflammation.
No Significant Risk for Atrial Fibrillation, CV Events in PsA Receiving Ustekinumab vs TNF Inhibitors
The primary and secondary outcomes included incident AF or a composite CV event that included myocardial infarction, stroke, and coronary revascularization.
Among a new line of biological and targeted synthetic DMARD, ustekinumab and secukinumab have shown favorable safety and efficacy profiles for psoriasis and arthritis, respectively in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis had greater entheseal insertion damage scores compared with patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Investigators assessed radiographic progression in patients with psoriatic arthritis following transition from conventional synthetic disease-modifying rheumatic drugs to anti-tumor necrosis factor-α therapy.
Investigators sought to determine the validity of using a simplified scoring tool that assesses 28 joint counts compared with the original 66/68 joint counts in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much