Patients with severe psoriasis and those with mild psoriasis and concomitant psoriatic arthritis have an increased risk of uveitis.
Psoriatic arthritis, patient weight, registration country and more influence first-line biologic treatment selection for patients with psoriasis.
Women were found to have a lower median of scores in the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index than men.
Prospective cohort study of patients with psoriasis who were assessed annually to examine for development of clinical psoriatic arthritis.
An observational cohort study of 4961 women with completed pregnancies and a recorded diagnosis of systemic inflammatory conditions.
Study evaluated breast milk samples from 17 lactating mothers diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, and axial spondyloarthritis/ankylosing spondylitis.
Findings come from 2 trials; one compared secukinumab with placebo, whereas the other compared secukinumab with placebo and etanercept.
Study reviewed information from 1.8 million individuals in England admitted to a hospital with an autoimmune disease.
Research comes from meta-analysis of 25 population-based studies on 5 major forms of arthritis.
Study evaluated clinical data to determine a possible role of major depressive disorders in the progression of inflammatory disease.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care