Patients with severe psoriasis and those with mild psoriasis and concomitant psoriatic arthritis have an increased risk of uveitis.
Psoriatic arthritis, patient weight, registration country and more influence first-line biologic treatment selection for patients with psoriasis.
Jonathan Krant, MD, FACP, confronts the issues surrounding biosimilar substitution for biologic treatments.
There are many tools to evaluate disease activity in psoriatic arthritis, but there is no consensus on which one to use.
Women were found to have a lower median of scores in the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index than men.
Prospective cohort study of patients with psoriasis who were assessed annually to examine for development of clinical psoriatic arthritis.
An observational cohort study of 4961 women with completed pregnancies and a recorded diagnosis of systemic inflammatory conditions.
Study evaluated breast milk samples from 17 lactating mothers diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, and axial spondyloarthritis/ankylosing spondylitis.
Findings come from 2 trials; one compared secukinumab with placebo, whereas the other compared secukinumab with placebo and etanercept.
Research comes from meta-analysis of 25 population-based studies on 5 major forms of arthritis.
Study evaluated clinical data to determine a possible role of major depressive disorders in the progression of inflammatory disease.
Siliq will carry a Black Box Warning and is available only through a restricted program.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
Study evaluated prevalence and severity of fatigue among patients with chronic plaque psoriasis and healthy controls.
Most patients with psoriasis who were withdrawn from ixekizumab therapy experienced disease relapse.
Researchers find that higher levels of disease activity predict the development of diabetes mellitus in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Researchers look for diagnostic alternative to blood samples for diagnosing specific inflammatory arthritis conditions.
A population-based cohort study compared patients with psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis with matched comparators to determine fracture risk associated with the conditions.
Emotional well-being negatively impacted among parents with affected children.
The prevalence and severity of coronary atherosclerosis, measured by coronary CT angiography, were compared in patients with psoriatic arthritis and age/gender-matched controls.
Obese patients with psoriasis experience quality-of-life improvement after losing significant amounts of weight.
Highest risk for reduction in HRQoL for hidradenitis suppurativa, blistering conditions, psoriasis
Patients with psoriatic arthritis reportedly experience higher levels of fatigue versus those with psoriasis; fatigue scores linked to depression.
Although rare, cases of arthritis associated with bee and wasp stings have been previously reported in the medical literature.
The sBLAs included data from two Phase 3 studies that assessed the safety and efficacy of Simponi Aria 2mg/kg infusion every 8 weeks after two starter doses at Weeks 0 and 4 in adults with active psoriatic arthritis.
Relationship between psoriasis and maternal stress exists only for children born to a mother who lost an older child or their partner/spouse.
Symptom improvements seen with subcutaneous guselkumab treatment tested in patients with psoriatic arthritis
Data from the Corrona registry found that only 23.0% of patients were considered responders to their first biologic medication at the time of the second follow-up visit.
In TNF inhibitor-inadequate responders with PsA, tofacitinib had superior ACR20 responses compared to placebo as early as 2 weeks after treatment initiation.
Recognizing depression in PsA is important because psychological well-being may contribute to disease activity in PsA.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care