A blinded analysis sought to determine whether CT signs of pulmonary veno-occlusive disease are common and predictive of mortality in patients with systemic sclerosis and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Dual Therapy Improves Treatment Response in Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary HypertensionJanuary 16, 2017
Post hoc study subgroup analysis shows combination ambrisentan plus tadalafil therapy improves treatment response in patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension.
The 6MWD may not accurately serve as a surrogate indicator of treatment outcomes, and that changes in cardiac hemodynamics in response to treatment in patients with SSc-PAH may not be reliably gauged from the 6MWD.
Mild elevations in MPAP were commonly found in newly diagnosed CTD-ILD, regardless of the background CTD, in this cohort of patients.
This study identified variables that were associated with pulmonary hypertension in a group of patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE).
Intial therapy with an endothelin receptor antagonist resulted in increased clinical worsening compared to initial treatment with PDE5 inhibitor.
Hemodynamic data and survival were compared in a subgroup of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the setting of connective tissue disease.
Engage in this case study to test your diagnostic ability to differentiate pulmonary hypertension in the setting of systemic sclerosis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014