Rheumatoid Arthritis Headlines
Researchers assessed the rates of composite cardiovascular events in people with RA using NSAIDs to treat musculoskeletal pain.
Presence of thrombocytopenia at hospital admission may serve as an important prognostic marker for predicting in-hospital mortality for patients with RHD.
RA-specific factors may predispose individuals to developing COPD independent of smoking.
An increase in disease activity 6 weeks postpartum suggests the need for tight follow-up of women with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
The FDA has approved infliximab-qbtx as a biosimilar to infliximab for all indications of the reference drug.
The safety of leflunomide use for rheumatoid arthritis during pregnancy was examined in a prospective study.
Findings from 2 studies examine the role that weight loss, obesity, and overweight play in disease activity, remission, and mortality in RA.
The prevalence of arthritis in the United States may have been greatly underestimated, particularly in people younger than 65 years.
The protective effects of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in dementia was evaluated in a retrospective cohort study.
A prospective, observational study sought to evaluate and characterize the nature of rheumatic disorders associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
A randomized study sough to evaluate whether methotrexate monotherapy can safely be started before treatment optimization with a tumor necrosis factor inhibitor in patients with early, active RA.
In patients with RA who have achieved remission or low disease activity (LDA), discontinuation of biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs is associated with an increased risk for losing remission or LDA and radiographic progression.
In patients with rheumatic diseases, the incidence of pneumocystis pneumonia was reduced with primary prophylaxis with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Tocilizumab treatment for 2 years was shown to reduce levels of bone loss in patients with ACPA-positive RA.
Using biologics to treat rheumatoid arthritis patients does not appear to increase the risk of a second malignancy in individuals with history of cancer.
Early treatment of undifferentiated arthritis may delay progression to rheumatoid arthritis.
In patients with rheumatoid arthritis being treated with a biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drug with and without denosumab, serious and opportunistic infections are uncommon.
The Fear Assessment in Inflammatory Rheumatic diseases questionnaire may be useful to evaluate the levels of fear and psychological distress in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and axial spondyloarthritis.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis may be at increased risk for prosthetic joint infection and death after total knee or hip arthroplasty, compared with patients with osteoarthritis.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis appear to be at increased risk for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014