High rates of false-positive results on the tuberculin skin test have been reported among patients treated with methotrexate.
Children exposed to TNFi's during the gestational period were found not to have a significantly higher risk of developing serious infections.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis with chronic hepatitis B virus infection demonstrated greater radiographic progression and poorer clinical response at 1 year.
In patients with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis who are at higher risk for cardiovascular events, celecoxib may be safer compared with naproxen or ibuprofen when these drugs are taken alone or in combination with aspirin.
Using a privately-insured administrative database, researchers examined a total of 78,704 patients with autoimmune or inflammatory disease diagnoses between 2006 and 2015.
This study sought to examine the link between early disease activity changes and attainment of LDA and remission targets in tofacitinib-treated patients with RA.
Poorer muscle performance composite scores are associated with increased Disease Activity Scores for 28 joints in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Researchers sought to provide information on pregnancy outcomes, including major congenital malformations and other maternal and fetal adverse outcomes, in women treated with certolizumab pegol.
The FDA advisory panel voted in favor of baricitinib for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, but only recommended approval of the 2 mg dose.
The randomized, double-blind, controlled trial (N=24,081) included patients with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis who required chronic NSAID treatment.
The effects of alcohol on the body's systems are examined here, with both damaging and potentially protective effects being explored. ...
With nearly 70,000 ICD-10 diagnosis codes available to clinicians, things are bound to get interesting.
Increasing evidence indicates serum vitamin D levels and polymorphisms in enzymes involved in vitamin D metabolism can affect the risk ...
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CVD-related mortality compared with the general ...
Validation of a patient-report outcome instrument as an effective independent tool for measuring disease activity and treatment response may one ...
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Alternative Measurement of Psoriasis Severity Effective in CZP-Treated Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incident Gout Risk, Serum Urate, and Comorbidities: What Are the Links?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Clinician Roundtable: Improving Quality of Life in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Incidence of Clinically Significant GI Events in NSAID-Treated Arthritis
- EULAR Releases Recommendations for Pain Management in OA, Inflammatory Arthritis
- Risk of Developing Herpes Zoster Increased in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Supervised, Intense Exercise Improves Physical Fitness in Older Adults With RA
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- The Dorsal 4-Finger Technique: A New Method to Examine Joints in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gout, Urate-Lowering Therapy Not Associated With Risk for Fragility Fracture
- Does Exposure to Passive Smoke Increase Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk?
- Pegloticase Retreatment Effective for Gout After Gap in Therapy
- Tofacitinib Reduces MRI Inflammation, May Improve Outcomes in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Associations Between Site-Specific BMD, Anthropometric, Glucose Homeostasis Traits