The efficacy and tolerance of triple oral DMARD therapy vs. anti-TNF drugs plus methotrexate, was explored.
After 3-month extension to review, regulator says NDA for baricitinib cannot be approved in its current form.
Prospective cohort study examines clinical characteristics and outcomes of S aureus bacteremia in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Study analyzed medical records to determine whether alcohol consumption increases hepatotoxic risk in patients with rheumatoid arthritis being treated with methotrexate.
Investigators conduct a systematic review to evaluate the risks and benefits of biologics as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who have not responded to previous biologic treatment.
Study uses registry data from Sweden to evaluate heart failure risk before and after diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.
Tocilizumab therapy showed rapid improvement in ocular parameters for uveitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients.
Researchers examined the long-term safety of glucocorticoid use in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis, defined as disease duration <6 months, from the multicenter observational Etude et Suivi des POlyarthrites Indifférenciées Récentes (ESPOIR) cohort.
EULAR has released new recommendations for rheumatoid arthritis management with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs.
Study examined patients with active rheumatoid arthritis who failed to derive benefit from or were intolerant to TNF-inhibitor therapy.
The effects of alcohol on the body's systems are examined here, with both damaging and potentially protective effects being explored. ...
With nearly 70,000 ICD-10 diagnosis codes available to clinicians, things are bound to get interesting.
Increasing evidence indicates serum vitamin D levels and polymorphisms in enzymes involved in vitamin D metabolism can affect the risk ...
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CVD-related mortality compared with the general ...
Validation of a patient-report outcome instrument as an effective independent tool for measuring disease activity and treatment response may one ...
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care