Investigators sought to determine whether the use of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors is associated with the incidence of rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients with RA, particularly elderly patients, who receive the influenza vaccine have significantly lower morbidity and mortality.
The scoring method allows detection of small cortical interruptions on HR-pQCT imaging of finger joints.
Patients who continued or switched their TNF inhibitor after a serious infection had a lower risk for recurrent infection compared with those who stopped the drug.
Researchers sought to characterize patients with rheumatoid arthritis by the number of poor prognostic factors and evaluate treatment acceleration, clinical outcomes, and work status.
Disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and access to bDMARD care varies across countries worldwide.
Depression screening and management should be incorporated into routine clinical care of patients with RA to reduce pain and functional limitations, improve quality of life, and lower healthcare costs.
Researchers observed a higher peri- and postpartum flare rate in mothers who discontinued TNFi during the first trimester.
A direct recommendation from physicians had the greatest effect on patients' positive vaccination status.
PROMIS measures can detect changes in symptoms of global health, pain, sleep, fatigue, and emotional health in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who are initiating DMARD therapy.
The effects of alcohol on the body's systems are examined here, with both damaging and potentially protective effects being explored. ...
With nearly 70,000 ICD-10 diagnosis codes available to clinicians, things are bound to get interesting.
Increasing evidence indicates serum vitamin D levels and polymorphisms in enzymes involved in vitamin D metabolism can affect the risk ...
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CVD-related mortality compared with the general ...
Validation of a patient-report outcome instrument as an effective independent tool for measuring disease activity and treatment response may one ...
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions