Engage in this case study to test your diagnostic ability to differentiate pulmonary hypertension in the setting of systemic sclerosis.
Researchers identify risk factors for scleroderma renal crisis in patients with systemic sclerosis.
Investigators assessed the reproducibility and the utility of the 6-minute walk test in systemic sclerosis.
For some patients with systemic sclerosis, antibiotics can eradicate small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
The SPAR prediction model might be helpful for the risk stratification of mild ILD in patients with SSc in clinical practice.
The majority of deaths in patients with systemic sclerosis-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension occurred within 4 years of diagnosis.
There was no significant difference in efficacy between sildenafil and bosentan initial combination therapy and sildenafil monotherapy in patients with systemic sclerosis-related pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Smoking status in patients with systemic sclerosis was not significantly associated with systemic sclerosis-specific cutaneous or pulmonary changes.
Recent evidence suggests that systemic sclerosis and SLE in pulmonary arterial hypertension should be considered separate diseases.
The investigational drug SAR100842 was safe, moderately effective, and well tolerated in patients with early diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis.
Although pulmonary arterial hypertension occurs in a minority of patients with systemic sclerosis, clinicians must be attentive to it, as it can emerge at any point over the course of the disease.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions