Engage in this case study to test your diagnostic ability to differentiate pulmonary hypertension in the setting of systemic sclerosis.
Study evaluated hand function and potential influence of functional loss on patients' overall physical functions, health-related quality of life, and psychological status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic sclerosis.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy completely healed 4 patient's systemic sclerosis ulcers.
Median levels of 24 elements were assessed in patients with systemic sclerosis and matched controls.
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis highlights this week's edition, plus other news in the world of rheumatic disease.
Prospective, observational study assessed 4 treatment protocols and their effects on skin thickening.
A thorough work-up can differentiate between primary and secondary forms, mitigating progression of a more severe underlying disease.
Dinesh Khanna, MD, MSc, discusses results of the open-label portion of a trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of placebo-treated patients with systemic sclerosis who were switched to received open-label tocilizumab.
Sarah Taber, MD, briefly reviews her ongoing research on genetic drivers of localized scleroderma in pediatric patients.
The 6MWD may not accurately serve as a surrogate indicator of treatment outcomes, and that changes in cardiac hemodynamics in response to treatment in patients with SSc-PAH may not be reliably gauged from the 6MWD.
Researchers sought to clarify the rates and risk factors of gangrene formation in patients with SSc utilizing the Digital Ulcer Outcomes Registry.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- FDA Clears Radiofrequency Treatment for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Osteoporosis Treatment Receives Updated Guidelines From ACP
- Six Institutional Areas Tied to Physician Burnout
- Assessing the Diagnostic Accuracy of MRI in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Superior Reduction in Osteoarthritis Knee Pain From Novel Hyaluronan Injection
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Intra-Articular Triamcinolone vs Saline Injection
- Knee Pain Relief From Fiber, Chondroitin in Osteoarthritis
- Bone Mineral Density Changes Related to Adrenal Incidentalomas in Menopause
- Patients Satisfied With Telemedicine Primary Care Visits
- HIV-Induced Osteoporosis Detected Via Bone Ultrasonography