Engage in this case study to test your diagnostic ability to differentiate pulmonary hypertension in the setting of systemic sclerosis.
Study evaluated hand function and potential influence of functional loss on patients' overall physical functions, health-related quality of life, and psychological status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic sclerosis.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy completely healed 4 patient's systemic sclerosis ulcers.
Median levels of 24 elements were assessed in patients with systemic sclerosis and matched controls.
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis highlights this week's edition, plus other news in the world of rheumatic disease.
Prospective, observational study assessed 4 treatment protocols and their effects on skin thickening.
A thorough work-up can differentiate between primary and secondary forms, mitigating progression of a more severe underlying disease.
Dinesh Khanna, MD, MSc, discusses results of the open-label portion of a trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of placebo-treated patients with systemic sclerosis who were switched to received open-label tocilizumab.
Sarah Taber, MD, briefly reviews her ongoing research on genetic drivers of localized scleroderma in pediatric patients.
The 6MWD may not accurately serve as a surrogate indicator of treatment outcomes, and that changes in cardiac hemodynamics in response to treatment in patients with SSc-PAH may not be reliably gauged from the 6MWD.
Researchers sought to clarify the rates and risk factors of gangrene formation in patients with SSc utilizing the Digital Ulcer Outcomes Registry.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Increases Mortality Risk in Staphylococcus aureus Infections
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Brought Before Congress
- FDA Delays Approval of JAK Inhibitor Baricitinib
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Biosimilar Confidence: Physician-Patient Communication Sets the Tone
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Leg Positioning During Lumbar DXA Does Not Impact Trabecular Bone Scores
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- DXA for Pediatric Bone Age Assessment Yields Similar Results vs Traditional Radiography
- Remote Osteoporosis Specialist Mentoring Program Improves Physician Self-Confidence
- Increased Costs Associated With Specialists Providing Primary Care