Adherence to recommendations for the initiation and continuation of TNF-alpha blocker therapy in patients with axial spondyloarthritis is associated with improved quality of life.
Capsule endoscopy was superior to standard colonoscopy for the detection of Crohn disease in patients with spondyloarthritis.
Initial response to psoriatic arthritis therapy has a predictive value of long-term outcomes as early as 3 months after treatment initiation.
Investigators evaluated sex differences in the effectiveness of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Results from the FUTURE 2 study show that patients with PsA who were treated with secukinumab achieved early and sustained minimal disease activity over 2 years of therapy.
Sclerostin and antisclerostin-IgG may be novel biomarkers to assess the presence of axial joint involvement in patients with IBD.
Psoriatic arthritis is associated with accelerated coronary plaque formation, particularly mixed plaques, independent of metabolic disease.
In patients with psoriatic arthritis, increasing levels of HLA-B27 are associated with more severe sonographic enthesitis.
Results of the GESPIC study found that structural damage in the spine and disease activity were both determinants of functional status and spine mobility in patients with early axial spondyloarthritis.
Decreases in spinal and sacroiliac joint inflammation on MRI were maintained through 204 weeks with certolizumab pegol treatment.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Painful Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis: Glucosamine Supplements vs Ibuprofen
- Pooled Baricitinib Trial Data Reveal Lipid Profile Changes in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- TNF Inhibitor Response in Women vs Men With Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Incidence of Multiple Psychiatric Disorders Evaluated in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- US Healthcare Spending Twice as Much as Other High-Income Countries
- Arthritis Treatments: NSAIDs
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Flares Increase During, Shortly After Pregnancy
- Pregnancy in Rheumatic Disease: Managing Potentially Teratogenic Medications
- Arthritis Treatments: DMARDS and Other Immune Modulators
- Total Costs Attributable to Biologic DMARDs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Adherence to Anti-TNF Blocker Recommendations in axSpA Linked to Improved Quality of Life
- Capsule Endoscopy Superior to Colonoscopy for Detection of Crohn Disease in Spondyloarthritis
- Methotrexate May Decrease Risk for Ischemic Stroke in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Polyarthritis Patient Outcomes Compared From 1994 to 2004
- Clinician Roundtable: Preventing the Progression From Arthralgia to Arthritic Disease