Asia-Pacific Lupus Collaborative's low-disease activity score can predict risk of flare-ups, according to research from a group at Hong Kong University.
The study evaluated 2 groups of women from the Nurses' Health Study (NHS) and NHSII cohorts, examining alcohol consumption and the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus.
Study of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus in China evaluates quality of life measures in several areas.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and low self-esteem reported higher levels of anxiety and depression.
Changes in levels of soluble mediators may predict SLE transition in unaffected relatives of patients.
A European League Against Rheumatism writing committee has issued recommendations for family planning for women with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome based on a systemic review.
The researchers conducted a systematic review of data from 59 studies.
Prospective, observational study assessed 4 treatment protocols and their effects on skin thickening.
Research examined virus-independent activation of MAVS protein in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Investigators observe patient develop drug-induced lupus while taking biologic treatment for psoriasis.
The Lupus Foundation of America is now accepting applications for 8 grants, with dedicated awards to minority applicants, pediatric research, and research that has an impact on rural areas.
Study evaluated the complications and success rates for IVF in women with systemic lupus erythematosus or antiphospholipid syndrome.
Three-year follow-up shows statistically significant increase in cumulative presence of HPV infection.
End-stage renal disease is 5-fold more likely to develop in patients with 3 or more infection-related hospitalizations versus none.
Functional MRI imaging in patients with non-neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus found that defects in spatial working memory and cognitive dysfunction were related to damage in specific neural networks.
Lupus nephritis a risk factor for some, but not all, cardiovascular outcomes in study of patients with SLE.
Women with systemic lupus erythematosus and depression were more likely to have increased carotid intima-media thickness compared with those with SLE without depression.
Influenza vaccination reduced risk of hospitalization, pneumonia, ICU admission, in-hospital dialysis, and death.
Patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) were assessed for their risk of cerebrovascular accidents, ischemic heart disease, and peripheral arterial disease.
Eligible participants participated in a phase IIb trial of sifalimumab to determine the drug's effect on moderate-to-severe active SLE.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Total Knee Replacement for Osteoarthritis: Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Metabolic Syndrome: High Prevalence and Risk
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Dealing With The Demand For Opioids: A Clinician's Guide
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Different Technologies in Medicine: Friends or Foes?
- Price Transparency Intervention Doesn't Reduce Lab Test Orders
- Efficacy of Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioral Pain Management for Fibromyalgia
- Clinician Round Table: The Role of Diet in Gout Management
- Infliximab Biosimilar Now FDA Approved for RA, PsA, AS