Patients with systemic sclerosis and early-diagnosed pulmonary arterial hypertension had disease progression over a relatively short period of time.
A blinded analysis sought to determine whether CT signs of pulmonary veno-occlusive disease are common and predictive of mortality in patients with systemic sclerosis and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Patients with systemic sclerosis-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension display important differences in hemodynamic and pulmonary function parameters compared with patients with idiopathic PAH.
Use of the non-adjuvanted influenza A H1N1 vaccine was shown to be safe and efficacious in patients with systemic sclerosis.
Study evaluated hand function and potential influence of functional loss on patients' overall physical functions, health-related quality of life, and psychological status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic sclerosis.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy completely healed 4 patient's systemic sclerosis ulcers.
Median levels of 24 elements were assessed in patients with systemic sclerosis and matched controls.
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis highlights this week's edition, plus other news in the world of rheumatic disease.
Prospective, observational study assessed 4 treatment protocols and their effects on skin thickening.
Dinesh Khanna, MD, MSc, discusses results of the open-label portion of a trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of placebo-treated patients with systemic sclerosis who were switched to received open-label tocilizumab.
The 6MWD may not accurately serve as a surrogate indicator of treatment outcomes, and that changes in cardiac hemodynamics in response to treatment in patients with SSc-PAH may not be reliably gauged from the 6MWD.
Researchers sought to clarify the rates and risk factors of gangrene formation in patients with SSc utilizing the Digital Ulcer Outcomes Registry.
As part of Scleroderma Awareness Month, physicians specializing in the management of scleroderma discuss mitigating effects of scleroderma-related pain and improving quality of life for their patients.
Treatment with the endothelin-1 blocker macitentan did not reduce the incidence of new digital ulcers over 16 weeks.
Data from this study supports nailfold videocappillaroscopy as a clinically useful tool in the longitudinal evaluation of systemic sclerosis
Regression of skin fibrosis is a feature of the natural history of dcSSc. However, the pattern of regression can be quite heterogeneous despite improvements in predicting progression.
Intial therapy with an endothelin receptor antagonist resulted in increased clinical worsening compared to initial treatment with PDE5 inhibitor.
Hemodynamic data and survival were compared in a subgroup of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the setting of connective tissue disease.
CTD is associated with higher prevalence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in African Americans and in young adults.
Engage in this case study to test your diagnostic ability to differentiate pulmonary hypertension in the setting of systemic sclerosis.
Patients with systemic sclerosis may have an increased risk of VTE in the first year following diagnosis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Topical vs Oral NSAIDs for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Examining Cardiovascular Risks
- Update: 2017 Treat-to-Target Recommendations for Spondyloarthritis
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Examined in Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Host Genetics May Affect Intestinal Microbiota Composition in Reactive Arthritis
- Introduction of bDMARDs Linked to Reduced Incidence of Total Knee Replacement
- Alogliptin May Be Associated With Lower Fracture Risk Compared With Linagliptin, Saxagliptin
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Hyperuricemia in Psoriatic Arthritis: Identifying Features to Improve Outcomes
- Routine Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation Not Associated With Fracture Reduction in Older Adults
- Examining the Implications of Accelerated Coronary Plaque Formation in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Assessment of Nitrated Nucleosome Levels and Neuropsychiatric Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Clinicians Who Share Email Addresses With Patients Have Higher Satisfaction Scores
- Biosimilar LBEC0101 Equivalent to ETN-RP for RA Unresponsive to Methotrexate
- Adalimumab Demonstrated Superior Efficacy Over Standard of Care in Refractory Uveitis
- Clinician Counseling for Exercise Increased Among Adults With Arthritis Between 2002 and 2014