This week, a phase III trial for investigational drug voclosporin for lupus nephritis treatment was approved, prolonged insomnia may lead to less robust bone formation — causing osteoporosis and bone fractures — and researchers found that women who drink a moderate amount of alcohol daily have a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythmatosus.
WCO 2017, FDA grants Rituxan Breakthrough Therapy status, and a close-up of pediatric Sjögren's syndrome highlight this week's The Handoff.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Stem cell therapy to treat arthritis of the knee and osteoarthritis are among the highlights in this week's The Handoff.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis highlights this week's edition, plus other news in the world of rheumatic disease.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
ASAS-EULAR publishes updated axSpA management guidelines, ACR releases first ever Sjogren syndrome classification criteria, and other news.
No effect of body mass index on abatacept efficacy in rheumatoid arthritis, updated hypertension treatment guidelines, prolonged review period for baricitinib, and more news inside.
Specific interleukins identified as underpinning chronic nature of autoimmune diseases, impact of biologics on comorbid condition severity in RA, and updates on potential healthcare legislation.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much