This week, a phase III trial for investigational drug voclosporin for lupus nephritis treatment was approved, prolonged insomnia may lead to less robust bone formation — causing osteoporosis and bone fractures — and researchers found that women who drink a moderate amount of alcohol daily have a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythmatosus.
WCO 2017, FDA grants Rituxan Breakthrough Therapy status, and a close-up of pediatric Sjögren's syndrome highlight this week's The Handoff.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Stem cell therapy to treat arthritis of the knee and osteoarthritis are among the highlights in this week's The Handoff.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis highlights this week's edition, plus other news in the world of rheumatic disease.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
ASAS-EULAR publishes updated axSpA management guidelines, ACR releases first ever Sjogren syndrome classification criteria, and other news.
No effect of body mass index on abatacept efficacy in rheumatoid arthritis, updated hypertension treatment guidelines, prolonged review period for baricitinib, and more news inside.
Specific interleukins identified as underpinning chronic nature of autoimmune diseases, impact of biologics on comorbid condition severity in RA, and updates on potential healthcare legislation.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- FDA Clears Radiofrequency Treatment for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Osteoporosis Treatment Receives Updated Guidelines From ACP
- Six Institutional Areas Tied to Physician Burnout
- Assessing the Diagnostic Accuracy of MRI in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Superior Reduction in Osteoarthritis Knee Pain From Novel Hyaluronan Injection
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Intra-Articular Triamcinolone vs Saline Injection
- Knee Pain Relief From Fiber, Chondroitin in Osteoarthritis
- Bone Mineral Density Changes Related to Adrenal Incidentalomas in Menopause
- Patients Satisfied With Telemedicine Primary Care Visits
- HIV-Induced Osteoporosis Detected Via Bone Ultrasonography