Jonathan Krant, MD, FACP, confronts the issues surrounding biosimilar substitution for biologic treatments.
Researchers examined whether different TNF inhibitors were associated with different rates of anterior uveitis in patients with ankylosing spondylitis undergoing treatment with adalimumab, etanercept, or infliximab.
An observational cohort study of 4961 women with completed pregnancies and a recorded diagnosis of systemic inflammatory conditions.
Study evaluated breast milk samples from 17 lactating mothers diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, and axial spondyloarthritis/ankylosing spondylitis.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Research comes from meta-analysis of 25 population-based studies on 5 major forms of arthritis.
Only 1 in 6 patients who take NSAIDs for back pain achieved benefits from the therapy.
Collaborative document provides guidance on non-pharmacological and pharmacological management in patients with axial spondyloarthritis.
A retrospective cohort study found 1 in 5 non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) adverse drug reactions is a hypersensitivity reaction.
Treatment Efficacy and Clinical Burden in Nonradiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis vs Ankylosing Spondylitis
New research compared treatment efficacy by drug class and clinical and humanistic burdens of nr-axSpA with those of AS.
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- First Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sjögren's Syndrome Developed
- Total Knee Replacement for Osteoarthritis: Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness
- How Effective is RF Denervation for Symptomatic Knee OA?
- Should Trabecular Bone Score Be Used to Predict Fragility Fracture Risk in T1D?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Metabolic Syndrome: High Prevalence and Risk
- VA and DoD Practice Guideline Update: Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Dealing With The Demand For Opioids: A Clinician's Guide
- Allopurinol Use In Concomitant Gout and Diabetes Lowers Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Measuring Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis
- JAK/STAT Inhibitors: A New Treatment Target for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Different Technologies in Medicine: Friends or Foes?
- Price Transparency Intervention Doesn't Reduce Lab Test Orders
- Efficacy of Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioral Pain Management for Fibromyalgia
- Clinician Round Table: The Role of Diet in Gout Management
- Infliximab Biosimilar Now FDA Approved for RA, PsA, AS