A prospective, observational study sought to evaluate and characterize the nature of rheumatic disorders associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
TNFi persistence and factors influencing persistence were investigated in patients who were treated with TNFi therapy for the first time.
A rapidly growing body of evidence has accumulated to reduce uncertainty regarding the use of biosimilars for the treatment of rheumatologic diseases.
Evenity followed by alendronate is better at reducing fracture risk in postmenopausal women.
Patients had a higher risk for heart failure, among other cardiovascular conditions, if treated with zoledronic acid.
Switching from ETN to SB4 was not associated with a loss of efficacy, a rise in TEAEs, or an increase in immunogenicity.
The reasoning for not taking prescribed opioids, the number of unused pills, method medication was stored and disposed of was assessed.
The US FDA has approved a new fixed-dose and dual-mechanism treatment option for uncontrolled gout.
Predictors for developing ExRA included older age, longer duration of RA, male sex, and positive rheumatoid factor at baseline.
In a randomized trial that compared the efficacy of yoga, physical therapy, and education for patients with chronic low back pain, yoga was deemed noninferior to PT.
During the treatment for chronic Lyme disease, serious bacterial infections have been documented.
COBRA is a combination therapy regimen for RA that has been shown to be safe and effective in the early stages of RA for improving short- and long-term outcomes.
Significant reductions in VAS scores, morning stiffness duration in case series of 15 patients
Researchers suggest that limiting opioid prescriptions might optimize benefits of TKA.
Poor quality of sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness are a risk for recurrent falls.
Patients with tophaceous gout undergoing combination therapy with lesinurad and febuxostat showed a greater degree of symptom resolution than with febuxostat monotherapy.
Belief about medicines, presence of comorbidity, and being married positively influence adherence to medication.
Common rheumatoid arthritis drugs methotrexate and biologics, but not prednisolone, may increase the risk for herpes zoster.
There was improvement in nail psoriasis severity at 16 weeks compared with placebo that was maintained through 52 weeks.
The efficacy of lower doses of MTX in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in combination with ADA was studied.
There was a significant change in oxidative stress biomarkers and a decrease in activities of antioxidant enzymes.
No Negative Effect on Disease Activity Seen in Switching Patients to Biosimilar Infliximab From Originator DrugJune 09, 2017
Researchers found similar disease duration the 3 months before and after the switch to CT-P13 in patients.
Actemra (tocilizumab) has been FDA-approved for its use in giant cell arteritis treatment.
There was reduced knee pain and improved quality of life vs placebo, but less pain relief than ibuprofen.
Case study of an 83-year-old male patient who developed severe hypocalcemia induced by denosumab.
Schizophrenia was perceived as more distressful and with higher perceived social stigma than the other disorders analyzed.
The American College of Physicians has updated its 2008 guidelines on treating low bone density and osteoporosis to prevent fractures.
Researchers found that one-third of patients remain in remission after discontinuing tofacitinib and that low baseline RF titers predict low disease activity after tofacitinib discontinuation.
The guidelines were established by a mutidisciplinary group of experts with a goal of optimizing lupus outcomes for all patients.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted Genentech's Biologics License Application for a subcutaneous formulation of rituximab.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Baricitinib Shows Positive Results for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Phase 2 Study
- Bimekizumab Linked to 12-Week Clinical Improvements in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Biologic Therapy in Ankylosing Spondylitis: Insights From Social Media
- Sprifermin Improved Cartilage Morphology, Thickness in Knee Osteoarthritis
- Examining the Therapeutic Possibilities of Nutrition in Fibromyalgia
- Managing Cognitive Dysfunction in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Sex-Based Differences in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Clinical Implications and Patient Management
- False-Positive Tuberculin Skin Test Results Linked to Methotrexate Therapy
- Risk of Developing Herpes Zoster Increased in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Occupational Exposure to Fumes Increases Rheumatoid Factor Levels in RA
- Does Maintenance of Certification Status Affect Patient Care?
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Poverty, Neighborhood May Affect Outcomes in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Increased Rates of Opioid- and Injection Drug Use-Related Septic Knee Arthritis