A prospective, observational study sought to evaluate and characterize the nature of rheumatic disorders associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
TNFi persistence and factors influencing persistence were investigated in patients who were treated with TNFi therapy for the first time.
A rapidly growing body of evidence has accumulated to reduce uncertainty regarding the use of biosimilars for the treatment of rheumatologic diseases.
Evenity followed by alendronate is better at reducing fracture risk in postmenopausal women.
Patients had a higher risk for heart failure, among other cardiovascular conditions, if treated with zoledronic acid.
Switching from ETN to SB4 was not associated with a loss of efficacy, a rise in TEAEs, or an increase in immunogenicity.
The reasoning for not taking prescribed opioids, the number of unused pills, method medication was stored and disposed of was assessed.
The US FDA has approved a new fixed-dose and dual-mechanism treatment option for uncontrolled gout.
Predictors for developing ExRA included older age, longer duration of RA, male sex, and positive rheumatoid factor at baseline.
In a randomized trial that compared the efficacy of yoga, physical therapy, and education for patients with chronic low back pain, yoga was deemed noninferior to PT.
During the treatment for chronic Lyme disease, serious bacterial infections have been documented.
COBRA is a combination therapy regimen for RA that has been shown to be safe and effective in the early stages of RA for improving short- and long-term outcomes.
Significant reductions in VAS scores, morning stiffness duration in case series of 15 patients
Researchers suggest that limiting opioid prescriptions might optimize benefits of TKA.
Poor quality of sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness are a risk for recurrent falls.
Patients with tophaceous gout undergoing combination therapy with lesinurad and febuxostat showed a greater degree of symptom resolution than with febuxostat monotherapy.
Belief about medicines, presence of comorbidity, and being married positively influence adherence to medication.
Common rheumatoid arthritis drugs methotrexate and biologics, but not prednisolone, may increase the risk for herpes zoster.
There was improvement in nail psoriasis severity at 16 weeks compared with placebo that was maintained through 52 weeks.
The efficacy of lower doses of MTX in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in combination with ADA was studied.
There was a significant change in oxidative stress biomarkers and a decrease in activities of antioxidant enzymes.
No Negative Effect on Disease Activity Seen in Switching Patients to Biosimilar Infliximab From Originator DrugJune 09, 2017
Researchers found similar disease duration the 3 months before and after the switch to CT-P13 in patients.
Actemra (tocilizumab) has been FDA-approved for its use in giant cell arteritis treatment.
There was reduced knee pain and improved quality of life vs placebo, but less pain relief than ibuprofen.
Case study of an 83-year-old male patient who developed severe hypocalcemia induced by denosumab.
Schizophrenia was perceived as more distressful and with higher perceived social stigma than the other disorders analyzed.
The American College of Physicians has updated its 2008 guidelines on treating low bone density and osteoporosis to prevent fractures.
Researchers found that one-third of patients remain in remission after discontinuing tofacitinib and that low baseline RF titers predict low disease activity after tofacitinib discontinuation.
The guidelines were established by a mutidisciplinary group of experts with a goal of optimizing lupus outcomes for all patients.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted Genentech's Biologics License Application for a subcutaneous formulation of rituximab.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Painful Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis: Glucosamine Supplements vs Ibuprofen
- Pooled Baricitinib Trial Data Reveal Lipid Profile Changes in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- TNF Inhibitor Response in Women vs Men With Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Incidence of Multiple Psychiatric Disorders Evaluated in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- US Healthcare Spending Twice as Much as Other High-Income Countries
- Arthritis Treatments: NSAIDs
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Flares Increase During, Shortly After Pregnancy
- Pregnancy in Rheumatic Disease: Managing Potentially Teratogenic Medications
- Arthritis Treatments: DMARDS and Other Immune Modulators
- Total Costs Attributable to Biologic DMARDs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Adherence to Anti-TNF Blocker Recommendations in axSpA Linked to Improved Quality of Life
- Capsule Endoscopy Superior to Colonoscopy for Detection of Crohn Disease in Spondyloarthritis
- Methotrexate May Decrease Risk for Ischemic Stroke in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Polyarthritis Patient Outcomes Compared From 1994 to 2004
- Clinician Roundtable: Preventing the Progression From Arthralgia to Arthritic Disease