EULAR has released 12 evidence-based recommendations for the use of imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of large vessel vasculitis, including giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis.
The FDA has expanded the approval of mepolizumab for treating eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis, which causes vasculitis.
Adding azathioprine to glucocorticoids has no significant benefit for patients with nonsevere systemic necrotizing vasculitides.
Several circulating biomarkers for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis disease activity and organ involvement were identified using targeted serum proteomics.
Central airway disease and a nodular pattern of pulmonary involvement occurred significantly more often in PR3-ANCA-positive patients than in MPO-ANCA-positive patients.
The risk for cardiovascular events was higher in patients with Takayasu's arteritis.
Actemra (tocilizumab) has been FDA-approved for its use in giant cell arteritis treatment.
FDA will fast track review of nonsteroidal treatment option for giant cell arteritis.
Patients experienced an elevated risk of venous thromboembolism both immediately before and immediately after giant cell arteritis diagnosis.
A retrospective analysis has shown that patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis treated with rituximab have a much lower risk of developing subsequent malignancies when compared with those treated with cyclophosphamide.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA
- Aspirin Similar to Rivaroxaban for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Ocular Complications of Gout: The Spectrum of Urate Crystal Deposition
- Digital Medicine Innovations Expand Access to Rural, Low-Income Communities
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Levels May Increase Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Implications of the Regulatory Accountability Act on Public Health
- Synovial Joint Biopsy Techniques: Arthroscopy vs Ultrasound-Guided Methods