The FDA has approved updated labeling for Rituxan to include information on follow up treatment for patients with GPA and MPA who have achieved disease control with induction therapy.
Improved biomarkers are needed to monitor disease activity effectively in giant cell arteritis.
Suppressing cytomegalovirus may improve the immune response to a T cell-dependent pneumococcal vaccination in patients experiencing ANCA-associated vasculitis.
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis was associated with an altered nasal microbial composition at both the bacterial and the fungal levels.
Researchers observed severe infections in one-quarter of patients with AAV receiving rituximab.
Renal transplantation is associated with a significant decrease in mortality among patients with end-stage renal disease attributed to granulomatosis with polyangiitis.
Results of the MAINRITSAN2 trial show that ANCA-associated vasculitides relapse rates did not differ significantly among patients treated with individually tailored vs fixed-schedule rituximab infusion regimens.
Tocilizumab therapy improves time to relapse in Takayasu arteritis with a favorable safety and tolerability profile.
EULAR has released 12 evidence-based recommendations for the use of imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of large vessel vasculitis, including giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis.
The FDA has expanded the approval of mepolizumab for treating eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis, which causes vasculitis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much