Granulomatosis with polyangiitis was associated with an altered nasal microbial composition at both the bacterial and the fungal levels.
Researchers observed severe infections in one-quarter of patients with AAV receiving rituximab.
Renal transplantation is associated with a significant decrease in mortality among patients with end-stage renal disease attributed to granulomatosis with polyangiitis.
Results of the MAINRITSAN2 trial show that ANCA-associated vasculitides relapse rates did not differ significantly among patients treated with individually tailored vs fixed-schedule rituximab infusion regimens.
Tocilizumab therapy improves time to relapse in Takayasu arteritis with a favorable safety and tolerability profile.
EULAR has released 12 evidence-based recommendations for the use of imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of large vessel vasculitis, including giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis.
The FDA has expanded the approval of mepolizumab for treating eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis, which causes vasculitis.
Adding azathioprine to glucocorticoids has no significant benefit for patients with nonsevere systemic necrotizing vasculitides.
Several circulating biomarkers for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis disease activity and organ involvement were identified using targeted serum proteomics.
Central airway disease and a nodular pattern of pulmonary involvement occurred significantly more often in PR3-ANCA-positive patients than in MPO-ANCA-positive patients.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions