Recent data suggest that the link between circadian rhythms of RA symptoms and the chronotherapy of RA is promising.
Weight loss in patients who are overweight or obese may improve symptoms through pathologic mechanisms in addition to reduction of joint burden.
Recent evidence links specific bacterial, viral infections, and vaccination to the development of APS, but these associations are not clear-cut.
David T. Felson, MD, MPH, and Jos Runhaar, PhD, reflect on important population-based osteoarthritis prevention strategies and knowledge gaps that still exist in this field.
Effective and affordable treatment options are essential to controlling costs within the rheumatoid arthritis treatment space and delivering value to patients.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 52-year-old man presents to the emergency department with dizziness and fatigue after a syncopal episode on a camping trip.
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much