Tools for accurate measurement of serum uric acid level, particularly at low levels, is essential for early gout diagnosis, prompt treatment initiation, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
Many components of diet have been implicated as possible risk factors for RA, with varying degrees of evidence.
Recent research points to an association between the gut microbiome composition and various types of immune-mediated inflammatory arthritides.
Recent data suggest that the link between circadian rhythms of RA symptoms and the chronotherapy of RA is promising.
Effective and affordable treatment options are essential to controlling costs within the rheumatoid arthritis treatment space and delivering value to patients.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 52-year-old man presents to the emergency department with dizziness and fatigue after a syncopal episode on a camping trip.
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals