The American College of Rheumatology and the National Psoriasis Foundation have released 2018 joint recommendations for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis.
Tools for accurate measurement of serum uric acid level, particularly at low levels, is essential for early gout diagnosis, prompt treatment initiation, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
Many components of diet have been implicated as possible risk factors for RA, with varying degrees of evidence.
Recent research points to an association between the gut microbiome composition and various types of immune-mediated inflammatory arthritides.
Effective and affordable treatment options are essential to controlling costs within the rheumatoid arthritis treatment space and delivering value to patients.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
During the last decade, the number of medical students choosing internal or family medicine has dropped by approximately 80%.
Case Studies and Clinical Highlights
A 52-year-old man presents to the emergency department with dizziness and fatigue after a syncopal episode on a camping trip.
A 69 year old man presents joint pain (wrists, elbows, hands, and knees) and swelling with no evidence of erosions.
A female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus presents to the emergency department with an 8 week history of dyspnea, dysphonia, and non-productive cough.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Managing Psoriatic Arthritis: Updated 2018 Recommendations From ACR/NPF
- Antimalarial-Induced Cardiomyopathy May Be Underrecognized in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Similar Long-Term Outcomes in Early- vs Late-Onset Lupus Nephritis
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Linked to Cognitive Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia
- Patient Education Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
- Health-Enhancing Physical Activity Program Reduces Global Pain in RA
- Ustekinumab May Benefit Subclinical Enthesopathy in Patients With Psoriasis
- Patient-Reported Outcome Measures May Aid Communication
- IgA Vasculitis Associated With Increased Risk for Hypertension, Chronic Kidney Disease
- Absolute Lymphocyte Count Assesses Infection Risk in Tofacitinib-Treated RA
- Discrimination Against Physician Mothers a Widespread Issue