ACR 2018 In-Depth
The efficacy of biosimilar GP2015 was comparable to that of etanercept over 48 weeks.
Investigators evaluated radiographic progression and the newly pathological joints in patients with early RA.
The effectiveness of tocilizumab was comparable in patients with RA regardless of comorbidity burden or obesity.
A physician's baseline opioid prescribing rate was a strong predictor of a patient's future opioid use.
RA is associated with an increased risk for cardiovascular disease and mortality.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis may have a significantly higher risk of developing chronic kidney disease.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis have a low influenza vaccination rate, despite the recommendation from the CDC to be vaccinated annually.
Peficitinib significantly reduced symptoms in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and demonstrated tolerability and safety.
JAK inhibitors and biologic DMARDs demonstrated better SF-36 Physical Component Summary and Mental Component Summary scores at 12 weeks.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- 5-Step Guide to Activity Tracker Use for Patients With Rheumatic Diseases
- Gout Associated With Worse Outcomes in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease
- Filgotinib Effective for Treatment of Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- Standard Set of Outcomes Developed for Value-Based Health Care in Inflammatory Arthritis
- Clinically Meaningful Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Assessed With RAPID-3
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Study: Cold Weather Joint Pain and Other Weather-Related Pain
- Increased Opioid Prescribing Linked to Chronic Usage in Patients With RA
- Treatment Retention Rates Lower in Patients Switching From Originator to Biosimilar Etanercept
- Climate Change Expected to Lead to Rise in Lyme Disease
- Red Cell Distribution Width Linked to Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Spondyloarthritis
- Higher Biologic Drug Survival in JIA With Younger Age at Treatment Initiation
- Enough Is Enough? When Health Metrics Shift From Useful to Too Much