Investigators compared the performance of different spinal radiographic damage scoring methods in patients with early axial spondyloarthritis.
Meeting the criteria for fibromyalgia had a modest effect on disease activity and did not influence the response to TNFi therapy.
Depression is common in patients with axSpA and is associated with more severe disease activity and functional impairment.
Effective suppression of inflammation with tumor necrosis factor inhibitor therapy decreases radiographic progression in early ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers observed increased rates of both knee and hip arthroplasties in older patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Reduced cardiorespiratory fitness may be associated with increased risk for CVD in ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers sought to assess whether it is possible to discriminate between degenerative changes and lesions associated with axSpA.
Treatment with risankizumab was not effective in reducing the signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis at 12 weeks.
In patients with nonradiographic axial spondyloarthritis who achieve remission with adalimumab, continued therapy was linked to fewer flares vs treatment withdrawal.
Researchers assessed the reproducibility of UCOASMI in clinical practice settings.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions