Results of the GESPIC study found that structural damage in the spine and disease activity were both determinants of functional status and spine mobility in patients with early axial spondyloarthritis.
Decreases in spinal and sacroiliac joint inflammation on MRI were maintained through 204 weeks with certolizumab pegol treatment.
The risk for aortic regurgitation and cardiac rhythm abnormalities was evaluated in a nationwide cohort of patients with spondyloarthritis.
Spinal fracture-free survival among patients with AS was not significantly affected by the use of bDMARD therapy.
Investigators examined the long-term safety and efficacy of a subcutaneous maintenance dose of secukinumab 150 and 300 mg.
Male gender and the Charlson Comorbidity Index score contributed significantly to fracture risk in this population.
Research suggests that the best site to assess bone loss in patients with ankylosing spondylitis is the femoral neck.
The diagnostic utility of repeat MRI was examined in people who were HLA-B27-negative or positive.
Low-dose computed tomography detects more bone proliferation in patients with ankylosing spondylitis compared with conventional radiography.
Transitioning from an originator agent to its biosimilar has the potential to reduce healthcare costs without compromising outcomes.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA