Investigators assessed the effectiveness of intravenous ibandronate on bone mineral density in patients with osteoporosis who did not respond to oral bisphosphonates.
Bisphosphonate holidays of 3 to 5 years have been recommended as a means of achieving the antifracture benefit of the medication.
Investigators sought to determine the effects of vitamin D3 supplementation in postmenopausal women with low serum 25(OH)D and high parathyroid hormone levels.
Early life exposures, such as maternal smoking and breastfeeding, may have effects on bone mineral density in young adulthood.
In postmenopausal women who were randomly assigned anastrozole, bone mineral density showed significant improvement at the lumbar spine.
Investigators analyzed regional differences in stress distribution on the distal femur in advanced osteoarthritis.
Glucocorticoid therapy was linked to significant bone deficits across multiple axial sites, regardless of disease activity.
MicroRNAs Linked to Increased Cortical Bone Porosity in Postmenopausal Women With History of FractureSeptember 30, 2018
Findings suggest potential pathomechanistic links between miRNAs and cortical porosity. .
Researchers sought to determine the differences in muscle and bone quality in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, or both.
The ASBMR Secondary Fracture Prevention Initiative Coalition outlined recommendations to improve efforts to increase diagnosis and treatment of individuals who are at high risk for osteoporosis.
The risk for subsequent osteoporotic fracture was elevated for both sexes over a 25-year follow-up period.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Similar Long-Term Outcomes in Early- vs Late-Onset Lupus Nephritis
- Radiographic Knee OA Not Correlated With Diabetes, Altered Glucose Metabolism
- Serum sRAGE Correlated With Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Linked to Cognitive Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia
- Patient Education Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
- Health-Enhancing Physical Activity Program Reduces Global Pain in RA
- Chronic Opioid Use Has Doubled Since 2002 Among Patients With RA
- Baricitinib Gets Fast Track Status for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Flaws, Potential Solutions for Physician Incentive Programs Examined
- Metabolic Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis Highly Prevalent in Patients With Plaque Psoriasis
- Gene Polymorphisms Predict Response to Tocilizumab, Rituximab in RA