Ask The Experts
A rheumatologist and orthopedic surgeon provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the perioperative management of antirheumatic medications in patients undergoing elective orthopedic surgery.
Preliminary evidence has found an association between the cannabinoid system and other rheumatic conditions, but the studies have not provided conclusive results that could drive recommendations.
Health professionals from many disciplines need to be able to recognize the clinical presentations, essential diagnostic tests, and treatment approach of Lyme neuroborreliosis.
Three experts share their insight on the epidemiology of swallowing disorders in rheumatoid arthritis.
Geoffrey Littlejohn, MD, provides a clinical perspective on the pathophysiology of fibromyalgia and the role of neurogenic inflammation in the disease process.
Pain resulting from osteoporotic fractures should be treated with a multimodal approach that includes pharmacological and nonpharmacological strategies.
Because of the increased risk for cardiovascular disease in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, the increase in fat mass caused by rheumatoid cachexia can be especially concerning.
An improved understanding of the gender differences in axial spondyloarthritis can improve disease treatment and reduce disease burden.
Alberto V. Carli, MD, and Ashley E. Levack, MD, MAS, discuss preventive and treatment options for periprosthetic joint infections.
Obesity has a substantial effect on general health parameters, but its role in rheumatoid arthritis is much more complex.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Promising Antibody Markers Identified for aPL-Related Pregnancy Complications
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions
- Uric Acid Predicts AKI Risk After Cardiac Surgery
- Examining Gaps in Mental Health Care Among Youth With Juvenile Rheumatic Disease
- AMA Proposes Policy Opposing Medicaid 'Lockout' Provisions
- TNFi Not Linked to Increased Risk for Cancer Recurrence in Rheumatoid Arthritis