Ask The Experts
Tools for accurate measurement of serum uric acid level, particularly at low levels, is essential for early gout diagnosis, prompt treatment initiation, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
Many components of diet have been implicated as possible risk factors for RA, with varying degrees of evidence.
Recent research points to an association between the gut microbiome composition and various types of immune-mediated inflammatory arthritides.
Recent data suggest that the link between circadian rhythms of RA symptoms and the chronotherapy of RA is promising.
Weight loss in patients who are overweight or obese may improve symptoms through pathologic mechanisms in addition to reduction of joint burden.
Recent evidence links specific bacterial, viral infections, and vaccination to the development of APS, but these associations are not clear-cut.
David T. Felson, MD, MPH, and Jos Runhaar, PhD, reflect on important population-based osteoarthritis prevention strategies and knowledge gaps that still exist in this field.
Farris K. Timimi, MD, and Lee Aase from the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network shared their views on the role of social media in physician practice.
Therapeutic drug monitoring may be useful to help clinicians assess nonadherence in patients with SLE.
A recent systematic review found that nurse-led care is effective, acceptable, and safe in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals