Ask The Experts
Many physicians avoid asking patients about sensitive topics such substance abuse or sexual activity during routine medical histories.
Over the past few decades, physician suicide has become a staggering public health crisis that has largely been ignored.
Advances in the management of systemic lupus erythematosus have improved quality of life and outcomes for women who are considering pregnancy.
The realization that IL-6 is implicated in many pathologic features of RA has prompted the search for IL-6-blocking agents as therapeutic options for this condition.
As a result of better management of rheumatoid arthritis, individuals with the condition are living longer. However, it is unknown if this represents different forms of the disease or a continuum of rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed at different stages.
Assessing the relationship between gout and the metabolic syndrome may provide insight into the management of both conditions.
A better understanding of gut microbiota and metabolites produced by them may help to predict the course and heterogeneity of rheumatoid arthritis.
The HR 1215 bill proposes many changes to malpractice liability rules, including a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages.
Patient counseling about firearms in their home is essential when there is potential harm involved.
They similarities and differences of anti-TNF drug function in RA and SpA are discussed in an expert interview.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA