Muscle magnetic resonance imaging may complement a physician's objective assessment in juvenile dermatomyositis, although negative MRI findings should not preclude treatment continuation.
A better understanding of the natural progression of this disease would allow earlier detection in children at high risk for functional decline.
Researchers used registry data to evaluate the risk of autoimmune diseases over 6.5 years after exposure to HPV vaccines in adolescent and young adult women.
A European committee of pediatric rheumatology experts has provided the first consensus-based recommendations for clinical management of juvenile dermatomyositis.
Dual Therapy Improves Treatment Response in Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension
Post hoc study subgroup analysis shows combination ambrisentan plus tadalafil therapy improves treatment response in patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Data from a population-based case control study found that systemic glucocorticoid use was associated with increased risk of S. aureus bacteremia (CA-SAB), with a clear dose-response relationship.
Mild elevations in MPAP were commonly found in newly diagnosed CTD-ILD, regardless of the background CTD, in this cohort of patients.
Regression of skin fibrosis is a feature of the natural history of dcSSc. However, the pattern of regression can be quite heterogeneous despite improvements in predicting progression.
Hemodynamic data and survival were compared in a subgroup of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the setting of connective tissue disease.
CTD is associated with higher prevalence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in African Americans and in young adults.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA