Examining Screening Modalities for Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Researchers conducted a systematic review to provide an update on screening measures for early detection of pulmonary arterial hypertension in connective tissue diseases.
Mortality rates were higher in patients with systemic connective tissue diseases and primary systemic vasculitides.
Patients who have been chronically exposed to hydroxychloroquine/chloroquine were not at increased risk for Alzheimer disease.
Muscle magnetic resonance imaging may complement a physician's objective assessment in juvenile dermatomyositis, although negative MRI findings should not preclude treatment continuation.
A better understanding of the natural progression of this disease would allow earlier detection in children at high risk for functional decline.
Researchers used registry data to evaluate the risk of autoimmune diseases over 6.5 years after exposure to HPV vaccines in adolescent and young adult women.
Dual Therapy Improves Treatment Response in Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension
Post hoc study subgroup analysis shows combination ambrisentan plus tadalafil therapy improves treatment response in patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Data from a population-based case control study found that systemic glucocorticoid use was associated with increased risk of S. aureus bacteremia (CA-SAB), with a clear dose-response relationship.
Regression of skin fibrosis is a feature of the natural history of dcSSc. However, the pattern of regression can be quite heterogeneous despite improvements in predicting progression.
CTD is associated with higher prevalence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in African Americans and in young adults.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals