Fact or folktale: do weather patterns affect joint pain? A team of researchers set out to find the answer.
Behçet disease should be considered an initial causative factor of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
EULAR has released updated guidelines for the management of Behçet syndrome.
The 2 commonly utilized laboratory biomarkers, lysozyme and angiotensin-converting enzyme, lack sufficient sensitivity and specificity.
The use of color duplex sonography for the diagnosis of patients with suspected giant cell arteritis is associated with high specificity and positive predictive value.
The utility of PET and CT imaging to complement temporal artery biopsy in patients with newly diagnosed giant cell arteritis who are receiving glucocorticoid therapy remains equivocal.
The presence of the certain autoantibodies accurately predicts a person's risk for progression from clinically suspect arthralgia to rheumatoid arthritis.
In patients with knee osteoarthritic pain, extended-release paracetamol may have a greater analgesic effect than placebo.
Overall improvements in rates of minimal disease activity are achieved in patients with PsA when they are treated with anti-tumor necrosis factor agents
A new bone assessment evaluates fracture risk in children.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals