Fact or folktale: do weather patterns affect joint pain? A team of researchers set out to find the answer.
Behçet disease should be considered an initial causative factor of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
EULAR has released updated guidelines for the management of Behçet syndrome.
The 2 commonly utilized laboratory biomarkers, lysozyme and angiotensin-converting enzyme, lack sufficient sensitivity and specificity.
The use of color duplex sonography for the diagnosis of patients with suspected giant cell arteritis is associated with high specificity and positive predictive value.
The utility of PET and CT imaging to complement temporal artery biopsy in patients with newly diagnosed giant cell arteritis who are receiving glucocorticoid therapy remains equivocal.
The presence of the certain autoantibodies accurately predicts a person's risk for progression from clinically suspect arthralgia to rheumatoid arthritis.
In patients with knee osteoarthritic pain, extended-release paracetamol may have a greater analgesic effect than placebo.
Overall improvements in rates of minimal disease activity are achieved in patients with PsA when they are treated with anti-tumor necrosis factor agents
A new bone assessment evaluates fracture risk in children.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Similar Long-Term Outcomes in Early- vs Late-Onset Lupus Nephritis
- Radiographic Knee OA Not Correlated With Diabetes, Altered Glucose Metabolism
- Serum sRAGE Correlated With Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Linked to Cognitive Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia
- Patient Education Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
- Health-Enhancing Physical Activity Program Reduces Global Pain in RA
- Chronic Opioid Use Has Doubled Since 2002 Among Patients With RA
- Baricitinib Gets Fast Track Status for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Flaws, Potential Solutions for Physician Incentive Programs Examined
- Metabolic Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis Highly Prevalent in Patients With Plaque Psoriasis
- Gene Polymorphisms Predict Response to Tocilizumab, Rituximab in RA