Behçet disease should be considered an initial causative factor of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
EULAR has released updated guidelines for the management of Behçet syndrome.
The 2 commonly utilized laboratory biomarkers, lysozyme and angiotensin-converting enzyme, lack sufficient sensitivity and specificity.
The use of color duplex sonography for the diagnosis of patients with suspected giant cell arteritis is associated with high specificity and positive predictive value.
The utility of PET and CT imaging to complement temporal artery biopsy in patients with newly diagnosed giant cell arteritis who are receiving glucocorticoid therapy remains equivocal.
The presence of the certain autoantibodies accurately predicts a person's risk for progression from clinically suspect arthralgia to rheumatoid arthritis.
In patients with knee osteoarthritic pain, extended-release paracetamol may have a greater analgesic effect than placebo.
Overall improvements in rates of minimal disease activity are achieved in patients with PsA when they are treated with anti-tumor necrosis factor agents
A new bone assessment evaluates fracture risk in children.
Patients using a personalized risk calculator were guided to a more accurate perception of their knee OA risk.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions