Allan Gibofsky, MD, shares insight on the cost associated with nonmedical switching in patients with rheumatic diseases.
In biologic-naive patients with psoriatic arthritis who are treated with apremilast, early onset of effect was observed across disease PsA manifestations.
Sprifermin has a positive effect on cartilage morphology and cartilage thickness in radiographic knee osteoarthritis.
Mobile phone text reminders could be an important tool to enhance medication adherence in people with gout.
To effectively treat individuals with radiographic knee OA and comorbid depressive disorder, it is necessary to use a combined treatment strategy of 2 interventions delivered in parallel to simultaneously target each condition.
The objective of this cross-sectional analysis was to evaluate the prevalence of osteoporosis and frequency of fractures in patients with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis.
Only about half of patients who started TNFi therapy were screened for tuberculosis prior to therapy initiation.
Researchers sought to confirm the interest of mid-infrared spectroscopy to discriminate synovial fluid samples from patients with septic arthritis from other causes of joint effusion.
Investigators analyzed MDHAQ/RAPID3 scores in patients with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis to assess disease burden associated with each rheumatic disease.
To assess validity of SLE-DAS, investigators performed a Spearman's correlation between SLE-DAS, PGA, and SLEDAI-2K at the last follow-up visit.
Treatment of active Takayasu arteritis with infliximab may result in remission or in a diminished requirement for glucocorticoids.
Dose-related use of NSAIDs together with TNFi in patients with ankylosing spondylitis has a synergistic effect in slowing radiographic progression.
Zoledronic acid did not significantly reduce knee pain or bone marrow lesion size overall in patients with knee osteoarthritis over 24 months.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use mediated a substantial amount of cardiovascular disease risk in osteoarthritis.
Cardiac screening in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and anti-Ro-positive antibodies does not appear to be beneficial in clinical practice.
Based on these results, clinicians should consider assessing functional and mental health states before biologic tapering.
A systematic review revealed no signal for increased pregnancy loss in patients with axial spondyloarthritis.
Tofacitinib may provide a fast and prolonged analgesic effect in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis who are unresponsive to csDMARD or to TNFi, as well as in individuals with ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers sought to evaluate the efficacy, tolerability, and persistence of TNFi and ustekinumab in patients with psoriatic arthritis initiating first-line, second-line, or third-line biologic DMARDs.
Baricitinib 4 mg was safe and effective in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Recent data from EULAR 2018 highlight the existence of thrombotic factors in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Researchers sought to determine whether a treat-to-target strategy based on MRI assessments targeting absence bone marrow edema would lead to improved clinical and radiographic outcomes.
There was no significant difference in efficacy between sildenafil and bosentan initial combination therapy and sildenafil monotherapy in patients with systemic sclerosis-related pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Obesity is not associated with the development of lupus nephritis among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Investigators assessed the 12-week efficacy and safety of bimekizumab in patients with active ankylosing spondylitis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Promising Antibody Markers Identified for aPL-Related Pregnancy Complications
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions
- Uric Acid Predicts AKI Risk After Cardiac Surgery
- Examining Gaps in Mental Health Care Among Youth With Juvenile Rheumatic Disease
- AMA Proposes Policy Opposing Medicaid 'Lockout' Provisions
- TNFi Not Linked to Increased Risk for Cancer Recurrence in Rheumatoid Arthritis