Expertscape, a web platform that uses the PubMed database and its patented algorithm to identify and objectively rank physicians and researchers that excel in the treatment and diagnosis of specific disease states, has released their rankings for U.S. physicians who specialize in the research and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
Using Expertscape’s rigorous process, Roy Fleischman, M.D., of the University of Texas Southwestern, has been recognized as the top rheumatoid arthritis expert in the United States. Among his more than 110 papers published on this condition over the last decade is a clinical trial focused on Live Zoster Vaccine in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Their findings included the following observation: “LZV was well tolerated, and HZ IRs were generally similar between treatment groups and vaccinated versus nonvaccinated patients. However, ORAL Strategy was not powered for comparisons between vaccinated and nonvaccinated patients because <20% of all patients were vaccinated. Furthermore, LZV has been shown to be effective only in ~50% of individuals.”
The following 10 physicians have invested tremendous time, energy, and commitment to advance our understanding and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, and we are privileged to recognize and celebrate their individual and collective contribution to this disease and its therapies.
Top 10 U.S. Specialists in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Roy Fleischmann, M.D., University of Texas Southwestern
- Mark Genovese, M.D., Stanford University
- Arthur Kavanaugh, M.D., University of California San Diego
- Joel Kremer, M.D., Center for Rheumatology Albany
- Michael Weinblatt, M.D., Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Daniel Solomon, M.D., Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Jeffrey Curtis, M.D., University of Alabama Birmingham
- Vivian Bykerk, M.D., Hospital for Special Surgery
- Kevin Deane, M.D., University of Colorado system
- Stanley Cohen, M.D., University of Texas Southwestern
Expertscape is part of the Haymarket Medical Network and this article is supplied as a free resource for referring physicians enabling them to easily find knowledgeable medical expertise when faced with a serious diagnosis or complicated health issues. To learn more or to find Experts in other diseases, visit Expertscape.