Smoking tobacco is a risk factor for cognitive dysfunction in patients with fibromyalgia.
Increases in stimulation intensity for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation may benefit women with fibromyalgia-related pain, particularly older women and women with anxiety.
Operant learning may provide additional benefits compared with energy conservation in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome.
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation administered during physical activity may effectively alleviate fibromyalgia-associated pain, fatigue, and disease impact in women.
In a randomized control trial, researchers found that internet-delivered exposure therapy was more cost-effective for patients with fibromyalgia than a waitlist control, which did not involve any treatment during the experimental phase of the study.
Researchers identified risk factors for suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in patients with fibromyalgia.
Allopurinol did not provide pain relief for patients with fibromyalgia pain over the course of 30 days.
The investigators hope that the BCG vaccine can increase anti-inflammatory cytokines, which are deficient in patients with fibromyalgia.
Patients with comorbid fibromyalgia and migraine vs migraine alone may experience more depressive symptoms, greater headache intensity, and be more likely to have severe headache-related disability.
Meeting the criteria for fibromyalgia had a modest effect on disease activity and did not influence the response to TNFi therapy.
Women with fibromyalgia were found to have elevated levels of endocannabinoidome lipid mediators.
Mirtazapine is a central alpha-2 antagonist currently FDA-approved for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
Providing guidance to improve dietary behavior, which may include supplementation to achieve an optimal nutritional status, can contribute to improved control of fibromyalgia symptoms.
Pain catastrophizing may be associated with a reduced ability to effectively distract the mind from pain in patients with fibromyalgia.
Tai chi treatment results in similar or greater improvement in symptoms than aerobic exercise for a variety of outcomes for patients with fibromyalgia.
Researchers sought to confirm whether concomitant fibromyalgia has a negative effect on TNF blocker response.
IQuity has released a blood test called IsolateFibromyalgia, which uses RNA data to identify fibromyalgia.
A group acupuncture program may be beneficial for women with fibromyalgia.
No statistically significant benefit was reported in pain or anxiety outcomes among those with fibromyalgia or anxiety, respectively.
ADHD in adults typically co-occurs with fibromyalgia syndrome, and may negatively affect FMS-related morbidity.
Fibromyalgia has remained a clinically nebulous entity, and one that is very difficult to manage effectively.
A 10-minute cold application on the trapezius muscle was tied to a significant decrease in pain score.
Transcranial random noise stimulation improved both physical and cognitive symptoms in fibromyalgia.
This research is especially important given that patients with fibromyalgia have difficulty attending treatment sessions in person.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Novel psychosocial therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy that have been effective in adults with fibromyalgia need additional neuromuscular fitness training to overcome catastrophizing and fear of exercise in adolescents.
Study examines relationship between cardiovascular disease risk factors, rotator cuff tendinopathy, and glenohumeral joint pain.
Clinically significant improvement in several fibromyalgia symptoms highlighted by researcher from Spain.
A high prevalence of anti-TSH receptor antibodies were found in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome.
"Exercise-based motivational interviewing was associated with sustained clinical benefits 6 months after completion of therapy, but only for those who were not taking opioids."
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals