Data suggest an independent association between gout and an increased risk for dementia.
Non-episodic foot pain in hyperuricemia was responsive to urate-lowering therapy.
A history of gout was associated with worse outcomes in patients with obstructive coronary artery disease.
Data show an increased prevalence of psoriasis in patients with gout compared with patients without gout.
Gout may be a risk factor for the development of CKD stage ≥3.
For patients with gout, allopurinol is associated with a reduced risk for developing chronic kidney disease stage ≥3.
An expert panel evaluated 23 separate statements related to the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of gout.
Study reveals an 11% prevalence of active gout among solid organ transplant recipients overall and a 13% prevalence among kidney transplant recipients.
Ultrasound can show decreased urate deposition after urate lowering therapy.
In a British study, nurse-led care emphasizing patient education and engagement significantly improved the proportion of gout sufferers who achieved target serum urate levels.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals