While a treat to target strategy has been proposed for managing SLE, the impact of possible disease outcomes has not been fully evaluated.
The diagnosis and management of shrinking lung syndrome, a rare complication of systemic lupus erythematosus, is discussed in a comprehensive review.
Meta-analysis supports anti-RNP and anti-Sm antibodies as serological biomarkers of PAH risk in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
MOCA is more effective than the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction.
The majority of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus have poor quality of sleep.
Cumulative steroid dosage is a risk factor for the development of osteonecrosis.
In this expert interview, Sasha Bernatsky, MD, PhD, and Michelle Petri, MD, MPH, discuss the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in SLE.
Asia-Pacific Lupus Collaborative's low-disease activity score can predict risk of flare-ups, according to research from a group at Hong Kong University.
The study evaluated 2 groups of women from the Nurses' Health Study (NHS) and NHSII cohorts, examining alcohol consumption and the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and low self-esteem reported higher levels of anxiety and depression.
Changes in levels of soluble mediators may predict SLE transition in unaffected relatives of patients.
A European League Against Rheumatism writing committee has issued recommendations for family planning for women with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome based on a systemic review.
Consuming adequate amounts of the right nutrients, and limiting others, can help relieve symptoms and improve outcomes in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Study reviewed information from 1.8 million individuals in England admitted to a hospital with an autoimmune disease.
The Lupus Foundation of America is now accepting applications for 8 grants, with dedicated awards to minority applicants, pediatric research, and research that has an impact on rural areas.
Study evaluated the complications and success rates for IVF in women with systemic lupus erythematosus or antiphospholipid syndrome.
Three-year follow-up shows statistically significant increase in cumulative presence of HPV infection.
Women with systemic lupus erythematosus and depression were more likely to have increased carotid intima-media thickness compared with those with SLE without depression.
Patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) were assessed for their risk of cerebrovascular accidents, ischemic heart disease, and peripheral arterial disease.
Eligible participants participated in a phase IIb trial of sifalimumab to determine the drug's effect on moderate-to-severe active SLE.
Multidisciplinary experts provide 12 recommendations for the planning and management of pregnancy in systemic lupus erythematosus and/or antiphospholipid syndrome.
Retrospective data from a single center showed that 22.4% of patients with SLE will have a disease flare even after 3 years of remission. What are the implications for clinical follow-up?
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Similar Long-Term Outcomes in Early- vs Late-Onset Lupus Nephritis
- Radiographic Knee OA Not Correlated With Diabetes, Altered Glucose Metabolism
- Serum sRAGE Correlated With Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Linked to Cognitive Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia
- Patient Education Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
- Health-Enhancing Physical Activity Program Reduces Global Pain in RA
- Chronic Opioid Use Has Doubled Since 2002 Among Patients With RA
- Baricitinib Gets Fast Track Status for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Flaws, Potential Solutions for Physician Incentive Programs Examined
- Metabolic Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis Highly Prevalent in Patients With Plaque Psoriasis
- Gene Polymorphisms Predict Response to Tocilizumab, Rituximab in RA