Ticks capable of transmitting Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses have been identified in dozens of places across the US where the pests had never previously been recorded.
Factors to be considered when choosing the correct NSAID for arthritis include effectiveness, concurrent health conditions, and frequency of use.
Accurate and rapid diagnostics methods are needed to inform initial clinical decision making for patients with hip monoarthritis.
Research might explain why lingering symptoms after therapy for treating Lyme disease occur.
In patients with knee OA, intra-articular ozone may provide pain relief, functional improvement, and gains of QoL.
The researchers noted that the small changes in lipid profile do not account for the cardiovascular benefits seen in patients taking etanercept.
During the treatment for chronic Lyme disease, serious bacterial infections have been documented.
Patients in the intervention group saw improvements in WOMAC and 6MWT scores after participating in adapted exercise programs.
Children are some of the most susceptible to Lyme disease. In many children, joint inflammation may be the first symptom.
Clinicians should consider the risk/benefit of prescribing TNFIs to children with idiopathic arthritis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions