Research might explain why lingering symptoms after therapy for treating Lyme disease occur.
In patients with knee OA, intra-articular ozone may provide pain relief, functional improvement, and gains of QoL.
The researchers noted that the small changes in lipid profile do not account for the cardiovascular benefits seen in patients taking etanercept.
During the treatment for chronic Lyme disease, serious bacterial infections have been documented.
Patients in the intervention group saw improvements in WOMAC and 6MWT scores after participating in adapted exercise programs.
Children are some of the most susceptible to Lyme disease. In many children, joint inflammation may be the first symptom.
Clinicians should consider the risk/benefit of prescribing TNFIs to children with idiopathic arthritis.
Weight loss in patients at risk for osteoarthritis helped slow degeneration of knee cartilage over 48 months.
Study examines data from the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) to identify any cross-sectional association between arthritis and cognitive impairment in older adults.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA