The use of accelerometry data has led to the discovery of performance phenotypes of lumbar spinal stenosis and osteoarthritis.
Use of cross-linked polyethylene has significantly reduced the revision rate following total hip arthroplasty for osteoarthritis.
Researchers examine the association between the knee adduction moment and increased knee pain during walking in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
Researchers observed increased rates of both knee and hip arthroplasties in older patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
A rheumatologist and orthopedic surgeon provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the perioperative management of antirheumatic medications in patients undergoing elective orthopedic surgery.
Researchers examine the relationship of joint hypermobility with osteoarthritis and symptoms at the foot or ankle.
Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKRJuly 25, 2018
Individuals with knee osteoarthritis who have indicators of high vs low/no levels of neuropathic pain may be at elevated risk for chronic pain after total knee replacement surgery.
Six-minute walking distance was significantly associated with arterial stiffness in individuals with osteoarthritis.
Pfizer and Lilly announced positive results from a study evaluating tanezumab, an investigational humanized monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of OA pain.
Neuropathic-like symptoms may affect pain-related quality of life ratings and function in patients with hip and knee osteoarthritis, respectively.
Diagnostic prediction modeling for knee osteoarthritis in adolescent men helps calculate the individual and population risk of developing knee osteoarthritis over 40 years.
Women with osteoarthritis who reported lower physical activity levels before total joint replacement were more likely to experience mobility limitations in late life.
Researchers observed no association between statin initiation and incident hand osteoarthritis.
Changes in the 20-meter walking test were associated with worsening in bone marrow lesions and effusion volume in adults who developed accelerated knee OA.
Preterm birth and low birth weight have been linked to hip bone shape abnormalities and hip osteoarthritis.
Alberto V. Carli, MD, and Ashley E. Levack, MD, MAS, discuss preventive and treatment options for periprosthetic joint infections.
For overweight and obese older adults with knee osteoarthritis, greater weight loss is associated with superior clinical and mechanistic outcomes.
Sprifermin has a positive effect on cartilage morphology and cartilage thickness in radiographic knee osteoarthritis.
To effectively treat individuals with radiographic knee OA and comorbid depressive disorder, it is necessary to use a combined treatment strategy of 2 interventions delivered in parallel to simultaneously target each condition.
Investigators analyzed MDHAQ/RAPID3 scores in patients with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis to assess disease burden associated with each rheumatic disease.
Zoledronic acid did not significantly reduce knee pain or bone marrow lesion size overall in patients with knee osteoarthritis over 24 months.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use mediated a substantial amount of cardiovascular disease risk in osteoarthritis.
Researchers sought to determine whether central or peripheral adiposity measures are associated with incident radiographic knee osteoarthritis independent of BMI.
Investigators sought to determine whether female reproductive and hormonal factors affect the incidence of total knee arthroplasty for osteoarthritis.
The Reliable Change Index may be an effective method for identifying changes in joint space width in clinical and research settings.
PJI is a challenging complication of joint arthroplasty with few effective treatment options.
Consensi combines amlodipine besylate, a calcium-channel blocker, and celecoxib, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Investigators sought to evaluate intra-articular onabotulinumtoxinA 400 U and 200 U in reducing symptoms of knee OA in patients with nociceptive pain.
Researchers sought to investigate the cross-sectional association between patient-reported swelling and effusion-synovitis on MRI in patients with OA and meniscal tear.
Baseline obesity is associated with an increased risk for late-life mobility limitations in women undergoing joint replacement for OA.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions