Poor vitamin K status is associated with inflammation and low areal bone mineral density (BMD) among patients with end-stage renal disease.
Can a common measurement of bone material strength predict future breaks in postmenopausal women with recent atypical fractures?
HR-pQCT indices improve prediction of fracture beyond bone mineral density and FRAX scores in older adults.
Statin use is associated with better cortical bone characteristics in older women with osteoporosis, but results are dependent upon the potency of the statins.
The use of lateral spine imaging to detect asymptomatic vertebral fractures in older women may improve osteoporosis identification.
Denosumab may be beneficial for managing transfusion-dependent thalassemia-induced osteoporosis.
Insulin resistance may play an intermediary role in the relationship between adiposity and lumbar spine bone mass in adolescents.
There is little justification for the use of vitamin D supplements to maintain or improve musculoskeletal health.
The risk for fragility fractures is significantly lower in women with osteopenia who receive zoledronate than in those who receive placebo.
Fifteen genetic determinants of fracture, which are also associated with bone mineral density, have been identified.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals