Rates of incident clinical vertebral fracture, incident nonvertebral fracture, hip fracture, and clinical fractures decreased 6 months after initiation of teriparatide.
Genetic testing may identify individuals with an increased risk for osteoporosis and bone fracture.
Only one-third of Canadian patients received hip fracture repair surgery within the desired 24 hours.
A corrected HbA1c factor may improve the ability to predict the risk for fracture by the FRAX algorithm in T2D.
Researchers observed a reduction in subsequent nonvertebral fracture rates in patients who initiated osteoporosis treatment.
Investigators examined the effect of consuming a Mediterranean-style diet for 1 year on inflammatory response and bone health in the elderly.
The risk for bone fractures was not increased in patients with type 2 diabetes using empagliflozin compared with placebo or glimepiride.
The Biologics License Application has been resubmitted for Evenity, an investigational treatment for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women at high risk for fracture.
Romosozumab increased spine and hip bone mineral density after 12 months of treatment.
Postmenopausal women have little awareness of osteoporotic fracture risk and poor understanding that a fragility fracture may be indicative of osteoporosis and that it increases future fracture risk.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions