No statistically significant benefit was reported in pain or anxiety outcomes among those with fibromyalgia or anxiety, respectively.
Researcher sought to determine the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine vs placebo as an analgesic treatment of hand osteoarthritis.
For patients undergoing TKA, there were factors that influenced peak plasma total ropivacaine concentration after local infiltration analgesia.
The effects of combination COX-2 inhibitor therapy with metformin on joint replacement rates were examined in patients with osteoarthritis and diabetes.
In older patients with knee OA, pain expectancy may affect the pain experience after genuine and sham electroacupuncture.
Patients with end-stage knee or hip osteoarthritis may often experience neuropathic pain, particularly at rest.
Use of the 2006 Orlando criteria vs the 2007 Budapest criteria for diagnosis of CRPS may lead to misdiagnosis of unexplained pain after TKA.
For patients with irreparable rotator cuff tear, improvements in range of motion and pain levels may be achieved with reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.
Many individuals who use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs tend to exceed the daily dose limit.
The use of celecoxib in patients with OA and RA was associated with a similar or a lower risk for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and renal adverse events compared with ibuprofen and naproxen.
Insulin resistance may be experienced by patients with T2D who receive an intra-articulate corticosteroid of betamethasone injection at the knee joint.
If physicians have a genuine interest in acting with beneficence and nonmaleficence, they should recognize that their prescribing habits have significant consequences for their patients.
A study sought to determine whether physical activity has a protective effect against development of joint symptoms in middle-aged women.
In patients with knee osteoarthritic pain, extended-release paracetamol may have a greater analgesic effect than placebo.
IV zoledronic acid and vitamin D reduces volume of bone marrow edema in patients with bone marrow lesions.
The reasoning for not taking prescribed opioids, the number of unused pills, method medication was stored and disposed of was assessed.
The 'Choosing Wisely" campaign was launched in order to reduce expenses forlow back pain visits.
SNB and FNB was more effective in pain relief for patients undergoing TKA.
Constant sunscreen application doesn't provide complete body coverage.
In a randomized trial that compared the efficacy of yoga, physical therapy, and education for patients with chronic low back pain, yoga was deemed noninferior to PT.
Radiofrequency denervation of thoracic facet joints may provide pain relief comparable to pain relief achieved for cervical and lumbar facet joints.
A novel viscous gel-based formulation of hyaluronan was more effective in reducing pain and stiffness in patients with moderate knee osteoarthritis.
A 10-minute cold application on the trapezius muscle was tied to a significant decrease in pain score.
Celecoxib plus a proton pump inhibitor reduces risk for recurrent upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with arthritis using NSAIDs who are at risk for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal events.
This research is especially important given that patients with fibromyalgia have difficulty attending treatment sessions in person.
Radiofrequency treatment is an effective option for treating refractory chronic knee, hip, and shoulder joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
A review and meta-analysis indicates that spinal manipulative therapy is linked to modest improvements in low back pain.
The Veterans Administration and Department of Defense issue an updated clinical practice guideline regarding opioid therapy for chronic pain in veterans.
Researchers found a correlation between use of corticosteroids and increased odds of metabolic syndrome and elevated body mass index.
FDA gives breakthrough therapy designation to rituxan for treatment of pemphigus vulgaris and is indicated for treating rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA