Many physicians avoid asking patients about sensitive topics such substance abuse or sexual activity during routine medical histories.
There is a high rate of burnout among physicians, affecting over one-third of physicians in a single health system.
Violence may be best understood if it is treated as an epidemic health problem.
Hospitals participating in the 340B Drug Pricing Program have increased outpatient provision of parenteral drugs in hematology-oncology and ophthalmology.
Most people do not believe that healthcare providers should be allowed to refuse treatment based on their conscience or beliefs.
The ACR encourages healthcare providers to incorporate biosimilar drugs into treatment plans of patients with rheumatic diseases.
Researchers argue that medical journals should require article authors to include conflict-of-interest statements.
This article shared the arguments from 2 different clinicians on whether or not sexual orientation should be asked about during health care encounters.
Patients under the ACA are still struggling with premium and out-of-pocket spending on coverage expansions.
Interim analyses are often reported without justification, and may mislead clinicians about whether a drug or therapy is beneficial or not.
The federal "right-to-try" legislation will restrict the FDA's oversight of access to investigational drugs for patients with life-threatening illnesses.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA