Farris K. Timimi, MD, and Lee Aase from the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network shared their views on the role of social media in physician practice.
Health information is widely available online, yet the quality of that information can be dubious at best.
Nearly two-thirds of insured adults with a previous health care visit did not use an online patient portal in 2017.
"Gender Panic" in Clinical Settings: Protecting Public Accommodations Access for Transgender Individuals
There is substantial discussion in the United States regarding the use of public accommodation laws to legislate bathroom access for transgender individuals.
An educational intervention can improve patients' ability to self-manage their chronic diseases.
Knitting is both process- and product-oriented, encompassing repetitive tasks that can exercise physical and cognitive skills
Currently, same-day delivery is available only in Dallas, Chicago, New York City, Gainesville, Miami, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale; this program will be expanded in 2019.
Only 15.4% of physicians work in practices that use telemedicine for a wide spectrum of patient interactions, with larger practice size being an important correlate of telemedicine use.
The US Department of Health and Human Services has developed a draft strategy to reduce the health information technology burden.
It's easy for patients to seek out information that backs up their beliefs and dismiss other sources as "fake news."
The transition from the workforce into retirement is always challenging, but for physicians accustomed to working long or odd hours, it can be especially difficult.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals