Several notable medical societies have issued ethical statements discouraging physicians from treating family members and friends.
A new policy opposing lockout provisions that block Medicaid patients from the program for lengthy periods and instead supporting allowing patients to reapply immediately for redetermination was adopted by the American Medical Association House of Delegates.
Underinsured and never insured adults are more likely than adequately insured adults to report poor/fair health and frequent mental distress.
Bundling of payments for five common medical conditions is not associated with changes in Medicare payments per episode or health outcomes.
The American Medical Association House of Delegates has adopted a new policy to study, act for, and advocate to advance gender equity in medicine.
Discharge summaries demonstrated higher mean speech recognition error rates.
A providers' capacity to feel compassion is affected in part by the practice environment.
The growing threat of hacking is increasing the number of physicians buying cyber insurance.
Study results serve as an important impetus for physicians, nurses, hospital administrators, and others involved in the care of hospitalized patients to optimize sleep in the hospital setting.
Knowledge of a patient's spiritual beliefs can help physicians better tailor interventions to the individual patient while providing a deeper level of respect for their patients.
Additional codes have been approved by the Current Procedural Terminology Editorial Panel for chronic care remote physiologic monitoring and internet consultations.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions