In patients with psoriatic arthritis, increasing levels of HLA-B27 are associated with more severe sonographic enthesitis.
The risk for aortic regurgitation and cardiac rhythm abnormalities was evaluated in a nationwide cohort of patients with spondyloarthritis.
Results from the phase 3 SPIRIT-P1 study show that treatment with ixekizumab every 2 or 4 weeks in patients with active psoriatic arthritis demonstrated sustained efficacy and a favorable safety profile.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis who are taking apremilast experienced early symptom relief and sustained clinical improvement through 1 year of treatment.
A cohort study was conducted to determine the long-term outcomes especially of cardiovascular and kidney diseases in patients with psoriatic arthritis with comorbid hyperuricemia.
There is a higher risk for liver disease in patients with inflammatory disorders.
The FDA has approved tofacitinib and tofacitinib extended release to treat active psoriatic arthritis.
Investigators compared composite scores defining low disease activity state or remission in an existing real-life data set of patients with PsA.
Disease severity and activity in psoriatic arthritis may predict coronary plaque burden better than traditional risk factors.
A prospective, observational study sought to evaluate and characterize the nature of rheumatic disorders associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA